By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Seece said:

OT; FUCK, that pic Carl posted is stunning, massive improvement over 2??

Well you've probably read about the foliage, but the lighting was immediately a step beyond since the Ashes trailer.

Around the Network
fadetoone said:
I think "GoW 3" should be reserved for the first game to have that acronym in a video game forum. Now you're just confusing everybody that got used to it for god of war.

There was a big thread last year sometime devoted solely to the debate over which of the two games deserves the acronym more

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

selnor said:
Severance said:
now THIS looks like the graphics king selnor should be making threads about.

also dom looks a lot better this way, new female character look better than the first trailer, that stadium shot looks like bulletstorm (same guys) some of the shots remind me of that multiplayer map on KZ2 especially that one with grass (the building in the background)

I'm past that. It was stupidity on my part.

Will it beat Alan Wake 2? Crysis 2? Who knows. Currently Alan Wake leads the field on 360 fairly easily so who knows. According to Remedy on the Bonus disc of Limited Edition they looked at using Unreal Engine 3, but stated that it just wasnt capable of doing what they needed. So I guess we take from that what we will. But then Remedy claim they have optimized their engine further and have freed up about another 30% of 360 resources. So Alan Wake 2 ( and coming DLC ) will undoubtedly look further impressive to.

AW2 yes, but any DLC for the current game will run on the engine version that came with the game.

No graphical improvements.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I think these shots look great and all, but the lighting bugs me. Its all grey and bad weather like, still the characters seem to be having clear blue skies. And i have to say, i really dislike the sleeveless armour look.

Chairman-Mao said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Chairman-Mao said:
Why are God of War 3 scans in the Microsoft forum? Oh...you mean Gears of War 3 (GeoW3)

Nah, next time try harder. Poor effort.

The trick is to ignore posts like the one I did. Responses give guys like me satisfaction.

I know what you mean.

Why do you think I used GoW in the thred title. Next time I'll find a different tune when I want you monkeys to dance

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
Cole Train has cornrows?!?!?!

Nah. That's Ludacris :P. If you look carefully Cole is in the first pic on the right side at the back.

@ STEKSTAV

If you look at the direction the shadows are being cast in it appears the light source creating all the shadows is behind the player in the first pic and to the right on the second pic. The light sources are not visible on the screen in those two pics. 

@ OT

The art seems to be going in a slightly different direction, swapping grit and grime for more lush environments and a more cartoony color palette for characters. I think the change is welcome. The lighting also seems to be the heavy focus of improvement. I hope they make the effects a lot better as I found Gears 2 to look great when looking at textures statically, but when things started exploding and firing the game looked very underwhelming. At the time I felt like Fable 2 was more of a visual treat as it stayed more consistent with its graphical fidelity.

There seems to be some weird lighting in those pics, and some dodgy textures in some. But there's what, 10 months until it launches?

I don't think these pics represent well what the final, polished game will look like.

Looks great. The only reason I've wanted a 360 is for the GoW and ME series. Too bad I don't have enough $$$ to go around.

PS4/PS3/PC/3DS Owner (Will buy a Switch when mainline Pokemon game is released)

Lord Flashheart said:
Chairman-Mao said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Chairman-Mao said:
Why are God of War 3 scans in the Microsoft forum? Oh...you mean Gears of War 3 (GeoW3)

Nah, next time try harder. Poor effort.

The trick is to ignore posts like the one I did. Responses give guys like me satisfaction.

I know what you mean.

Why do you think I used GoW in the thred title. Next time I'll find a different tune when I want you monkeys to dance

Hahaha very clever

starcraft said:
selnor said:
Severance said:
now THIS looks like the graphics king selnor should be making threads about.

also dom looks a lot better this way, new female character look better than the first trailer, that stadium shot looks like bulletstorm (same guys) some of the shots remind me of that multiplayer map on KZ2 especially that one with grass (the building in the background)

I'm past that. It was stupidity on my part.

Will it beat Alan Wake 2? Crysis 2? Who knows. Currently Alan Wake leads the field on 360 fairly easily so who knows. According to Remedy on the Bonus disc of Limited Edition they looked at using Unreal Engine 3, but stated that it just wasnt capable of doing what they needed. So I guess we take from that what we will. But then Remedy claim they have optimized their engine further and have freed up about another 30% of 360 resources. So Alan Wake 2 ( and coming DLC ) will undoubtedly look further impressive to.

AW2 yes, but any DLC for the current game will run on the engine version that came with the game.

No graphical improvements.

Remedy have confirmed on the Alan Wake forums that the first DLC will include graphical updates. But only to facial poly counts and animation.