By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PSP and America WTF

Wagram said:
I love my PSP. I don't care what anyone says but to ME it is the best handheld.

To US, Wagram.  To us.

People don't know what they're missing.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Wagram said:

To US, Wagram.  To us.

An overpriced handheld that lacks the first party support of its competitor? No, I think I got it.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

loves2splooge said:
Wagram said:

Just curious but why is it that you prefer the PSP to the DS? You can have your own preference I'm just curious why. The PSP is a great handheld in it's own right but it has the edge only in multimedia functionality and graphical capabilities. And you can play it on a TV if you buy the component cables (for anyone that has had eye strain from playing text-heavy DS games on a DS Lite, you'd wish you could hook up a DS to a TV). The PSP's greatest strength, Japanese RPGs, also happens to be the DS' greatest strength and the DS has even more of them, with no shortage of quality. And like I said, gamers would rather play God of War, LittleBigPlanet, ModNation Racers, Gran Turismo, etc. on a PS3 rather than a PSP.

PSP's homebrew blows the DS homebrew out of the water by a long shot though. I'll give it that. But with the newer model PSP-3000s, I believe that some of them can't be homebrewed. It depends on the motherboard of the handheld and the firmware version you have.

I enjoy the games I have for the system better than I do my DS. Don't get me wrong DS games are good (FF IV for damn sure) but I just prefer games on my PSP.

themanwithnoname said:
d21lewis said:
Wagram said:

To US, Wagram.  To us.

An overpriced handheld that lacks the first party support of its competitor? No, I think I got it.

I'm not here to convert you.  If you're happy with your DS, then more power to you.  I have a few DS's.  I prefer the PSP by far.  It's an awesome piece of hardware.  The games are great, too.  I'll just assume you're one of the people who dismiss the PSP without seeing what it can do.

themanwithnoname said:

OMG I almost shit my self from laughing so hard at this. No first party support apparently you are no friend of the PSP. Sony's handheld has gotten better 1st party support than the PS3.

Jak and Daxter x2

Ratchet and Clank

Killzone

Resistance

Motorstorm

Little Big Planet

Mod Nation Racers

Patapon x2

Loco Roco x2

Lumines X2

Wipeout x2

Syphon Filter x3

Socom X3

Pixel Junk Monsters

Echochrome

Fat Princess

Hot Shots, Mlb, and NBA sports games

Field Commander

Untold Legends

Twisted Metal

Buzz Quiz Games

Gran Turimso

Plus they have gotten good support from traditional Sony Exclusives

Final Fantasy x5

Metal Gear Solid X4

Several from Atlus, Prinny, Disgaea etc.

If that list looks long thats because it is Sony has gotten great first party support the 3rd party games with the exception of Monster Hunter, Metal Gear and Final Fantasy and Atlus no one seems interested in making good PSP games. Maybe thats the systems problem.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
themanwithnoname said:
d21lewis said:
Wagram said:

To US, Wagram.  To us.

I'm not here to convert you.  If you're happy with your DS, then more power to you.  I have a few DS's.  I prefer the PSP by far.  It's an awesome piece of hardware.  The games are great, too.  I'll just assume you're one of the people who dismiss the PSP without seeing what it can do.

Nope, I've played Socom on the PSP before and enjoyed it for the most part. However, that still doesn't justify that the PSP is overpriced and is lacking in first party support when compared with the DS. It doesn't matter what it can do if it doesn't have a consistent flow of quality titles coming out, which the PSP flat out doesn't have.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

PSP is a great system. Haters gonna hate sadly.

It's just that simple.

MonstaMack said:
PSP is a great system. Haters gonna hate sadly.

Always drinkin' their haterade.

But, to sorta answer an above question with my personal experience, with the exception of the professor layton series, my gf's DS (and via the transitive property, my DS) never gets played.  The zeldas were ok but all the train riding/ship sailing was boring after a while and the fact that you had to do the same dungeon levels over and over again wore on me.  Scribblenauts was a completely overhyped PoS IMO, so, the professor layton series and other puzzley type games are all I really use my DS for.  Sure, the FF remakes are good, but not good enough for me to purchase when I already have the games anyway.

My PSP on the other hand used to be played every day (and still does get played about once every 3 days).  I just find the games like MGS: PO, Patapon, D: FF, CC: FF7, GoW to be much more entertaining *TO ME* than NSMB or the zeldas.  I don't care if they are just watered down versions of the PS3 counterparts, because those PS3 games are FUN and entertaining, why wouldn't I want to play them on the bus ride into work?

cmeese47 said:
themanwithnoname said:

OMG I almost shit my self from laughing so hard at this. No first party support apparently you are no friend of the PSP. Sony's handheld has gotten better 1st party support than the PS3.
Jak and Daxter x2
Ratchet and Clank
Killzone
Resistance
Motorstorm
Little Big Planet
Mod Nation Racers
Patapon x2
Loco Roco x2
Lumines X2
Wipeout x2
Syphon Filter x3
Socom X3
Pixel Junk Monsters
Echochrome
Fat Princess
Hot Shots, Mlb, and NBA sports games
Field Commander
Untold Legends
Twisted Metal
Buzz Quiz Games
Gran Turimso

Plus they have gotten good support from traditional Sony Exclusives
Final Fantasy x5
Metal Gear Solid X4
Several from Atlus, Prinny, Disgaea etc.

If that list looks long thats because it is Sony has gotten great first party support the 3rd party games with the exception of Monster Hunter, Metal Gear and Final Fantasy and Atlus no one seems interested in making good PSP games. Maybe thats the systems problem.

Look if you must do listwarz then at least do it single spaced.  Shift+Enter instead of just Enter if you didn't know. 
Like this. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

The PSP isn't lacking in a solid library of games. It's just the bulk of those games came out before Oct. 2009.