By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can the Xbox 360 stay in second place until the next generation begins?

Can the Xbox 360 stay in second place until the next generation begins?

Definitely yes the 360 wi... 30 19.35%

No there is still time fo... 64 41.29%

Maybe it depends on the success of Natal 32 20.65%

Not likely Move will be a big factor 6 3.87%

Can’t say yet 8 5.16%

Wii still wins! 15 9.68%

Total:155

Of course it can! If it will happen, only Natal, Slim version and a price cut can tell... will they happen?

Around the Network

The next generation starts in Q4 so yes it can. Finally the Xbox 360 and PS3 can join the Wii generation.

Tease.

I think it will depend on Natal vs. PS Move.

I think it will depend mostly on how much price cutting Sony and MS are willing to do, and when this occurs. I don't think natal or Move will push significant numbers of consoles - even if they do well, they will sell to the existing userbase.

reggin_bolas said:
So many Sonyboys on this site. Every expert analyst has predicted that the 360 will remain in comfortable lead over PS3 until the end of the generation. Aren't they just full of shit you ask? No because their predictions are based on regression analyses which are based on past performances.

So you can all drop the delusion, the PS3 will never be second place because it's still overpriced and MS will always drop the price to be BELOW PS3.

You guys are seriously delusional. Every year someone says the PS3 will outsell the Xbox AND EVERY YEAR nothing happens. It's a running joke and you PS3 fanboys are part of it.

I think you fail to release that since its launch PS3 has outsold the 360 I can pretty much guarantee that the PS3 will remain on the market beyond the 360 so unless natal has a wii impact and move flops there is virtually no chance that PS3 does not end in 2cd.

Around the Network

THERE is no way ms will allow this generation to last long enough so it loses second place to sony. Before ps3 even has a chance to get within range of overtaking 360 ms will launch the next xbox and declare victory over the hardcore gaming sector. Next target casual sector and nintendo.

Love is whats most important.

Etech7 said:
THERE is no way ms will allow this generation to last long enough so it loses second place to sony. Before ps3 even has a chance to get within range of overtaking 360 ms will launch the next xbox and declare victory over the hardcore gaming sector. Next target casual sector and nintendo.

I was under the impression that its consumers that decide when the generation ends and I'd assume they'd also decide when it begins,  I'd be surprised with the $ MS are currently raking in that they'd suddenly end it just to make the console soldiers happy.

@OP,  I think MS will remain 2nd but it will be so close its pretty much irrelevant.

JazzyJeez said:
Etech7 said:

I was under the impression that its consumers that decide when the generation ends and I'd assume they'd also decide when it begins,  I'd be surprised with the $ MS are currently raking in that they'd suddenly end it just to make the console soldiers happy.

@OP,  I think MS will remain 2nd but it will be so close its pretty much irrelevant.

Kind of like it is now? The way that all 3rd parties are multi and its mostly first party exclusives?

Etech7 said:

That could definitely be the case because Microsoft has said many times before that they will be ahead of Sony this generation.

jarrod said:
Next gen starts this year with 3DS. So no chance. :P

Portable systems can’t really count in this discussion because Microsoft doesn’t yet have one on the market :P

Besides this thread is really only about home consoles.