By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why no news on the Sub HD version of Red Dead Redemption

Over the last few months on this site the 360 userbase has been bombarded with mud flinging regarding titles coming out that have had a sub HD rendering resolution.  May I ask why when one of the biggest games of the year is released with a significantly worse version than the 360 on PS3, it is not deemed news worthy?  If you insist on posting 3 or 4 articles on why the 360 version of FFXIII was not to the same standards as the PS3 then how about we balance the scales by giving the PS3 crap ports some front page time too.  We had plenty of coverage about how bad Alan Wake was too, its time to redress the balance and stop sweeping the "bad" news under the carpet just because your contributers don't like to  post it.

Hell this is at least factual news and not based on rumour like the ongoing FFVXIII mulitplat stuff.

Around the Network

Yeah, I was wondering that myself.. Why is it sub-HD on the PS3??? Can someone clarify this for me... I don't wanna dig up articles.

Erm a few threads were closed. There was talk but it was shut down by the moderator team.

Tease.

The reason there was controversey with FF13 was because S-E were stupid enough to post PS3 screenshots and 360 screenshots that were 100% alike, so people got suspicious. Then they released the 360 screenshots and more controversey ensued because PS3 fanboys were going "lololololol" and 360 fanboys were going "aw hell naw", and it didn't help there was a mousepointer on one of the screenshots. Then the controversey is cleared up, which is what made it "newsworthy".

With Alan Wake, Microsoft was using it as a posterchild for the power of the 360, and Microsoft did demand that every game was at least 720p on the 360 for some time. So when it turns out that the game has an incredibly low resolution compared to 720p, and the developers try to tell the community otherwise, controversey ensues and you have news.

With Red Dead Redemption, we still haven't seen a full analysis, and the difference in resolution is the same as with GTA4. Furthermore, the PS3 version of a game being "worse" has been seen time and time again, and doesn't really create the controversey that made the other two "newsworthy".

That's why.

DaBuddahN said:
Yeah, I was wondering that myself.. Why is it sub-HD on the PS3??? Can someone clarify this for me... I don't wanna dig up articles.

1152 by 640 IIRC. Its ~ a 20% drop.

Tease.

Around the Network

theres no news because it isnt news, its just the same as with gta

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Rainbird said:
The reason there was controversey with FF13 was because S-E were stupid enough to post PS3 screenshots and 360 screenshots that were 100% alike, so people got suspicious. Then they released the 360 screenshots and more controversey ensued because PS3 fanboys were going "lololololol" and 360 fanboys were going "aw hell naw", and it didn't help there was a mousepointer on one of the screenshots. Then the controversey is cleared up, which is what made it "newsworthy".

With Alan Wake, Microsoft was using it as a posterchild for the power of the 360, and Microsoft did demand that every game was at least 720p on the 360 for some time. So when it turns out that the game has an incredibly low resolution compared to 720p, and the developers try to tell the community otherwise, controversey ensues and you have news.

With Red Dead Redemption, we still haven't seen a full analysis, and the difference in resolution is the same as with GTA4. Furthermore, the PS3 version of a game being "worse" has been seen time and time again, and doesn't really create the controversey that made the other two "newsworthy".

That's why.

+1

Time to Work !

There were articles posted in  the form of a thread with many of them

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

where the hell have you been it's all over N4G you can't miss it.