By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Wada hints at Multiplatform FF13 Versus as a possibility..

Wada On Multiplatform Final Fantasy Versus XIII

By Spencer . May 18, 2010 . 1:49pm

While a Final Fantasy Versus XIII trailer ended with “for PlayStation 3 worldwide”, it may also be released on Xbox 360. At an investors Q&A reported by Impress Watch, someone asked if Final Fantasy Versus XIII would be better off as a multiplatform game.

“We’re examining it in-house right until the last minute before the formal announcement,” Yoichi Wada, Square Enix CEO replied.

Wada also assured attendees Final Fantasy XIV will be released in this year. With respect to the business model, it sounds like Final Fantasy XIV will use a subscription model instead of virtual item sales. Wada said plans have not been finalized, but “if I had to say, subscriptions.”

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/05/18/wada-on-multiplatform-final-fantasy-versus-xiii/

I was wondering if this might come up sooner or later with how well FF13 did on X360. What are your thought? Do you think it will happen? IMO come E3 2010 I would not be shocked to see it announced as Multi.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network

FFVsXIII becoming a multiplatform title isn´t surprising at all..not one bit.

on the front page news and has a thread already.

locked.

Nothing amazing here. Makes sense money wise and it will also give more people the chance to enjoy it.