By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Crysis 2 on X360 looks better than the original Crysis!

This game uses the Super FX chip. That's why.

Around the Network

If it does, it probably runs at half a frame a second.

CGI-Quality said:

I guess if they played it on low settings, this would make sense. Other than that, nothing I've seen of Crysis 2, on either console, looks anywhere near as good as Crysis 1 on high settings looks on my PC.

Not to sound elitist, but it is what it is.

That would make sense since honestly it wouldn't be technically possible for the console games to look as good as the PC does on max settings. Except seeing as the guy previewing the console version of Crysis 2 could even compare it to the PC original is still mighty impressive if you ask me.       

Well although it was on the 360 page if you noticed the pictures say "PS3 screen shots"...lol

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Well, there's probably a lot more going on with the first Crysis than the second. What, with the jungle and all of the trees alone, I'd wager the first would easily not be possible on current gen consoles [in its current form].

The BuShA owns all!

Around the Network
badgenome said:

The first paragraph says it all:

Last month, I described id's Mad Max-style shooter RAGE as "perhaps the best-looking video game of all time". I take it back.

Basically, every time this dude sees a game, he goes, "omg best grafx evar!"

Sounds like a certain someone we all know here.....

Mental note: Avoid this website.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

All the joking aside, I think his point is clear. Crysis 1 was an unoptimized mess of a game which looked great but required skynet to run at max. With Crysis 2 they finally learned how to code an an optimized engine...

good PR regardless.

disolitude said:
All the joking aside, I think his point is clear. Crysis 1 was an unoptimized mess of a game which looked great but required skynet to run at max. With Crysis 2 they finally learned how to code an an optimized engine...

Lets hope the optimizing translates well to the PC version since I don't think they've said much about that version with all the blabbing about the PS3/360 versions.

Throw some of those more realistic graphics mods on top of that and that'd be visual bliss.