By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super mario galaxy 2 review thread

I wonder if Super Mario Galaxy 2 will become the highest rated Direct Sequel ever.

Currently it's Uncharted 2 according to gamerankings.

Around the Network
ph4nt said:
I wonder if Super Mario Galaxy 2 will become the highest rated Direct Sequel ever.

Currently it's Uncharted 2 according to gamerankings.

SMG2 is 1.08% above UC2 but it has only 17 reviews (Galaxy has 81 reviews). I'm confident in it, many sites which are usually biased against Wii (or biased against everything like EDGE) gave it extremely good marks.

I don't understand why the site says it is 4th best rated game ever, it is 3rd right now, just 0.07% under SMG and 0.45% under TLoZ:OoT...

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Going by reviews, it's one of the very best games, ever. Ever.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:
Going by reviews, it's one of the very best games, ever. Ever.

It puts Super Mario Galaxy 1 to shame so far. While I prefer 2d Mario over 3D anyday. It is looking to be the best 3D Mario game after 5 hours of play. At the moment I consider that to be Super Mario Galaxy 1.

just playing it, FANTASTIC GAME!! PLAY IT! BUY A WII JUST TO PLAY IT!! AWESOME GAMEPLAY!

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Around the Network

Man can you please say it terrible. It doesnt come out in Australia til july and its killing me. When does it come out in the UK. Maybe I should import it :)

Imthelegend said:
Man can you please say it terrible. It doesnt come out in Australia til july and its killing me. When does it come out in the UK. Maybe I should import it :)

June 11. So 19 more days... I hear Wii games are much cheaper here in Europe than they are in Australia, too. I'd import.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Bladeforce said:
just playing it, FANTASTIC GAME!! PLAY IT! BUY A WII JUST TO PLAY IT!! AWESOME GAMEPLAY!

This remembers me that Marco guy with those BUY A PS3 threads :D

I'm very impressed with that game, I don't have the Component cable and it has an excellent resolution, better than Galaxy 1.

Actually, the resolution is so good you can compare it to certain HD games. And I have a 52-inch screen.

Looks like it'll be a good great fantastic *no words to describe* game