By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Sony get out of the console race if Move is not successful?

Do you think it possible that if not will not be successful, Sony will get out of the console race?

They said they see it as something that will give the Xbox 360 another 5 years in the market and will continue in the next generation of consoles with their next console

Let say Move fails, what do you think they will do? how will they keep selling the PS3? The sales now are obviously great, but how could they keep them? can the PS3 really live beyond it 5th year?

If the PS3 sales starts falling down, do you think they'll just launch their next console to get the advantage like they did in this generation?

Most importantly - What will they do if Nintendo's next console is successful like the Wii as opposed to the PS3? Will they keep their console alive until the generation after? Is PS3 and Sony Games Studios really that important to Sony from a financial standpoint to the point where if it fails so hard like the first 2 years of the PS3, they will still keep it?

Around the Network

No Lol, No.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Sony will not leave the console race, just because there not doing as well this gen as they did last gen or the gen before. Isn't this only there second year to post a loss? and now they are starting to profit, it would be stupid to quit when they have so much ahead of them.

It's as silly as saying will Microsoft leave if Natal fails.

No Sony is not soft at all.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Damn copycat threads....OT--NO!

Around the Network
Billy Gun said:

Do you think it possible that if not will not be successful, Sony will get out of the console race?

They said they see it as something that will give the Xbox 360 another 5 years in the market and will continue in the next generation of consoles with their next console

Let say Move fails, what do you think they will do? how will they keep selling the PS3? The sales now are obviously great, but how could they keep them? can the PS3 really live beyond it 5th year?

If the PS3 sales starts falling down, do you think they'll just launch their next console to get the advantage like they did in this generation?

Most importantly - What will they do if Nintendo's next console is successful like the Wii as opposed to the PS3? Will they keep their console alive until the generation after? Is PS3 and Sony Games Studios really that important to Sony from a financial standpoint to the point where if it fails so hard like the first 2 years of the PS3, they will still keep it?

What?

$ony launched after M$ at least edit and make the right correction before coping someone else's thread.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

nah to many strengths for sony having there own brand recognised entertainment device in tens of millions of homes. the move wont kill them they have plenty of other things to keep the playstation moment going. same with microsoft. of course a success for either move or natal would do wonders for there console imo.

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

probably know, move it's just sony way to cash it, while they keep making good games so not likely

Neither Move nor Natal will be wildly successful, I predict.

phinch1 said:
Sony will not leave the console race, just because there not doing as well this gen as they did last gen or the gen before. Isn't this only there second year to post a loss? and now they are starting to profit, it would be stupid to quit when they have so much ahead of them.

It's as silly as saying will Microsoft leave if Natal fails.

No, since Ps3 Sony game division only lost money

http://www.edge-online.com/news/playstation-losses-since-ps3-launch-near-5-billion-report

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/godofwariii/news.html?sid=6262351

The problem is that the game divison was ony of the most profitable divisions in Sony.

I realy don't think that Move will be a disaster or make Sony get out of the console race, I think that Sony learned their lesson, they will make a cheapper console next time (I hope).