By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Orange Box

Who on here has The Orange Box for PC?  If you don't have it I would highly suggest getting it!  And the PC version too, there are so many more maps for PC because already tons of user created maps have been uploaded online.

I never bought Half-Life 2 originally because I hadn't really been interested at the time even though I played the original Half-Life.  But now that I've started playing it I've found that its an awesome game.

I'm glad I waited because the deal for The Orange Box is great, plus I got it on sale Thanksgiving weekend at Best Buy for only $24.99!

Half-Life 2 has been really fun so far into it and Portal is awesome.  And Team Fortress 2 is great, I've been having a lot of fun online with that.

Also Steam had always been a thing that turned me away because I had heard many bad things about it and issues people were having but they all seem to have cleared up now.  I haven't had an issue yet.

So if anyone has played it for PC want to have a discussion about what you think so far?  Also maybe leave your steam accounts if you want so we can have a game sometime of TF2. 

PC Gamer
Around the Network

I want it for the PS3 when it comes out, but from two accounts I've read of the near final build its either A) A slideshow or B) A slightly moveable slideshow.

God damn Valve, and EA for their lack of PS3 developing ability.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

My SteamID is BenKenobi88. I play TF2 lots. I love it.

And I don't understand anti-Steam people. Being able to download the games from anywhere, the new Community features, and the Steam Overlay have all been great help. I do get bugs once in a while, but it's forgivable.

The overlay is really nice...I love being able to play any game, press Shift-Tab, and see all my friends, what game they're playing, and have the ability to quick join their game if I wanted.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I can only agree with you here, if you have a pc you just need to get this pack.

You get 5 games for only $50, so if you live in europe and you can pay with CC get it through steam and you'll only pay about 35 euro.

And even if you allready own HL2 and Ep.1, it's still 3 complete new games.

And I even think the PC deserves a little bit more attention on this site to, so all you pc-gamers unite :P

Only judge a game on own experience.

Yeah I agree, I was anti-steam but I'm definitely not anymore.

PC Gamer
Around the Network

i have it on xbox 360, i lov team fortress

got it also, name is c0nfuziz, add me =)

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

If you like games from the Orange Box, you'll love Left 4 Dead! It comes out early next year.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535896
http://www.left4dead411.com/
http://www.l4d.com/

Crazy zombie action! Intense online co-operative play! The ability to be a super-zombie and wreak havoc upon the human survivors! Buy this game! Agh!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Bladeneo said:
I want it for the PS3 when it comes out, but from two accounts I've read of the near final build its either A) A slideshow or B) A slightly moveable slideshow.

Valve has close to nothing to do with the PS3 version, they say the PS3 is a shitmachine (don't bash me for this but that is what Gabe Newell said).

EA wanted it to be released for the PS3 and they put a different team on it (don't know if it's in house or a satelite developer).

But I also heard they are workin on it, so probably it'll be fixed soonish.

But I still think you'll get more joy out of this pack of games if you get it on PC, cause the mod-community is huge and there are allready tons of extra content for TF2 and Portal.

Only judge a game on own experience.

Fing3r said:
Bladeneo said:

Valve has close to nothing to do with the PS3 version, they say the PS3 is a shitmachine (don't bash me for this but that is what Gabe Newell said).

EA wanted it to be released for the PS3 and they put a different team on it (don't know if it's in house or a satelite developer).

But I also heard they are workin on it, so probably it'll be fixed soonish.

But I still think you'll get more joy out of this pack of games if you get it on PC, cause the mod-community is huge and there are allready tons of extra content for TF2 and Portal.

I know valve is nothing to do with it, thats why I damned them for tossing it over to EA.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey.