By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz and HTML5

VGChartz and HTML5

Total:0

Flash sure is bothersome and it's a pain to load this site with ipod touch.  Do you as the webmasters have any intention to go the route of HTML5 and abandon Flash altogether on this site?  Sure would be a nice change.  Love the site.  Just hate the flash problems every now and then and the problem with the site on ipod touch.

Consoles owned: NES, N64, PS1, GC, PS2, Wii.

Currently playing...

Around the Network

Yeah! I am always monitoring my Macbook pro temps and when I enter to the site the temps go from 45-50 to 60-65 sometimes =/. It seems all apple products don't have a good performance with Flash...

2DeTripaConCilantro said:
Yeah! I am always monitoring my Macbook pro temps and when I enter to the site the temps go from 45-50 to 60-65 sometimes =/. It seems all apple products don't have a good performance with Flash...

Yeah.. my old ibook from 2004 runs flash nicer then my Macbook Pro from 2010..  Adobe did a bad job porting flash from the powerpc to the intel mac's.. well actually.. they didn't port it.. flash on mac has still runs as a powerpc app and not as an universal or native intel app.. anyway the site could already replace all the flash stuff with javascript.. and make a mobile version.

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

It' a shame that Apple have dropped support for Flash when all other OS's and browsers support it.

Personally, i don't think the web operators should bow to Apple's demands, they're fast turning into the bully boys of the internet and i hope they suffer for it.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

I run linux as my os and flash runs terrible on anything thats not windows. I'd like to see the site be more text based and less animation. If that is not possible, html5 would be alot less troublesome than flash.

Around the Network
JWS said:
I run linux as my os and flash runs terrible on anything thats not windows. I'd like to see the site be more text based and less animation. If that is not possible, html5 would be alot less troublesome than flash.

I run Ubuntu 10.04 and flash works fine for me, better than on my Windows OS partition. I had to download the FireFox add-on for flash, and once that was done, it's smooth as anything.

what distro you using?

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Scruff7 said:
JWS said:

I run Ubuntu 10.04 and flash works fine for me, better than on my Windows OS partition. I had to download the FireFox add-on for flash, and once that was done, it's smooth as anything.

what distro you using?

i'm using 10.04, but i'm using the opera browser.

JWS said:
Scruff7 said:
JWS said:

what distro you using?

Ah right, i wouldn't know about that. surprised that Opera would have problems with it though.

Linux Ubuntu user

Scruff7 said:
JWS said:
Scruff7 said:
JWS said:

what distro you using?

Ah right, i wouldn't know about that. surprised that Opera would have problems with it though.

It's been 4+ years since i did a fresh install. I just have been doing the upgrades as they release them. Maybe i just need a nice clean fresh version to get rid of any bugs. If only i wasn't so damn lazy.

JWS said:
Scruff7 said:
JWS said:
Scruff7 said:
JWS said:

what distro you using?

It's been 4+ years since i did a fresh install. I just have been doing the upgrades as they release them. Maybe i just need a nice clean fresh version to get rid of any bugs. If only i wasn't so damn lazy.

Ha! i know what you mean, i only just updated my old 2001 sony laptop from Hardy Heron because it started getting unstable.

took me all day to get it to up to lucid lynx and i'm so pleased i have now. works so much better.

Linux Ubuntu user