By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - May 17 Announcement by Nintendo and the American Heart Foundation

The American Heart Association is a non-profit organisation that aims at facilitating better cardiac care and treatment, and reducing death by way of cardiovascular diseases and other heart-related problems. It has recently been announced that the Association is set to make a joint announcement on May 17th, along with Nintendo of America. The announcement and press event, which will take place in New York, will be attended by senior executives from both companies. 

While this is hardly enough information to consider any sort of “confirmation” regarding the device, it is quite possible that this announcement involves the Wii Vitality Sensor, revealed at E3 last year, in some way. The Vitality Sensor is a device with the ability to detect the pulse of a human being, in addition to other signals transmitted by the body, set to revealed in full at E3 2010 in June. 

So far, the only “game” that supports the Vitality Sensor believed to be in development is WiiRelax, discovered by us in a trademark last year.

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/05/14/american-heart-association-and-nintendo-working-together/

Around the Network

It could be wii vitality, but also money or publicity or something

You can see the brilliance brimming at the corners here. With the Heart Foundations backing they're going to tap a whole new range of customers. Wii Fit lightning strikes again.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I predict the Vitality Sensor will be responsible for a 'Nintendo Wii Saved My Life' headline in the next few years.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Maybe they should just concentrate on good games rather than useless peripherals.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
Maybe they should just concentrate on good games rather than useless peripherals.

You can only call Wii Relax or the vitalitysensor bad, if you played it.

OT: good move from Nintendo. They are making big plans for Wii Relax. 

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Wagram said:

Yes, because Super Mario Galaxy 2 is obviously not a good game.

@ Wagram - I agree - this Wii Fit thing they've recently announced is going to flop! I doubt it'll be used in a single game other than Wii Fit and I think Wii Fit will sell 300 k maximum.

Anyway, most likely a Wii Relax announcement

Interesting for sure. Absolutely Nintendo is looking to expand the blue ocean again. Can't wait to see what they are up to.

Sempuukyaku said:
Wagram said:

Yes, because Super Mario Galaxy 2 is obviously not a good game.

Or Metroid Other M, or Zelda Wii...