By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata "Just wait to see before talking of 3DS's 3D"

Love it or hate it, 3D is making major waves. Nintendo is the latest company to jump on the 3D express by releasing a glasses-free 3D handheld gaming device tentatively called the Nintendo 3DS.

Nintendo doesn't only make games for hardcore players. It also makes games for the casuals. So when the company stated it would be releasing a 3D gaming portable, you know it was thinking about targeting the largest audience possible. At a recent financial briefing, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata was asked whether or not the Nintendo 3DS can appeal to casual players.

"First, about your impression that 3D games are more for heavy users, I do not understand why you feel that way," Iwata replied to the question. "When Nintendo offers a new video game experience, we are basing it on our gaming population expansion strategy and have been creating software that can be enjoyed by a very wide age demographic encompassing 5 to 95 years old."

Thus, Nintendo aims to entertain players "regardless of age". Continuing, Iwata added, "Accordingly, we do not think that 3D games will mainly be for the heavy users. I feel that what I am trying to say now must be very hard to understand unless we can show you something tangible that will make you say, 'I see, 3D used in this fashion is accessible to anyone.' So, we'd like you to hold your judgment until we show you something concrete in the future."

-From Kotaku.

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Around the Network

That is it ...

I think 3DS gonna blow our minds ... at least my, i always sad that if 3D gaming had to happens please let it be glasses-free , and guess what it is ^^

Iwata stated many obious things in his investor reunion

You dont have to use it if you dont want
that can give a lot of open doors for both casuals and cores

There comes my idea of a 3D pointing stylus tracked by the cameras of the 3DS quite like the PS Move but without motion controls :D...

gum said:
There comes my idea of a 3D pointing stylus tracked by the cameras of the 3DS quite like the PS Move but without motion controls :D...

This would be great ... but if did track the stylus in a 3d space, it would Be motion tracking ...and sooner or later some poor developer would come up with "POCKET SPORTS" or something ... still is a great idea all nintendo has to do is put a little let light on the stylus juts like sony does with move ...

Around the Network
Shonen said:
gum said:

This would be great ... but if did track the stylus in a 3d space, it would Be motion tracking ...and sooner or later some poor developer would come up with "POCKET SPORTS" or something ... still is a great idea all nintendo has to do is put a little let light on the stylus juts like sony does with move ...

Yeah you're right it would still be some kind of motion controls. There will be shovelwares by third party developpers of course like always on Nintendo consoles but if Iwata  wants to lure casual gamers...

3D EBA probably would make a lot of people drool.

Galaki said:

Sorry the ignorance here , but what is EBA ?

Shonen said:
Galaki said:

Elite Beat Agents.

I myself would like 3D pokemon. I'd like to see what it really looks like to stare down a Hyper Beam that's coming right at you :P

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Shonen said:
Galaki said:

Elite Beat Agents.

I myself would like 3D pokemon. I'd like to see what it really looks like to stare down a Hyper Beam that's coming right at you :P

Hell yeah , that would rocks ...

Pokémon should be cool , but the best i think that would be, Zelda and a New super Mario 3D , or a Wario ware game ... and Hell Star fox ...