By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - New member here....

Any advice on how to conduct myself here?

I have a Wii, and plan on getting a PS3 whenever it gets some games that interest me.  

Around the Network

Be friendly :)

Avoid flame wars

Contact mods if you have issues

And, Welcome!

Auron said:

Stupid people get eaten.

You will be accused of being GBallzack at least 5 times if you get an anime avatar or post pictures of anime.

You are contractually obligated to use the phrase "Well said <insert poster name>" at least once a week.

Post count is an indication of quality.  Anyone with over 250 posts is good and anyone with over 5,000 that isn't a moderator is probably a spammer, jerk, or both.

Bashing the Wii without a solid argument will piss off 50% of the community.

Bashing the PS3 without a solid argument will piss off 30% of the community and amuse 70% of it.

Bashing the 360 without a solid argument will make mrstickball cry.

Do not be afraid if johnlucas magically appears and makes a 12 paragraph post in your thread.

Be afraid if Dodece appears and makes a 4-5 paragraph post in your thread.

Insulting someone in an argument means you lose that argument.

Avoid threads made by legend11.  They are never productive.  Ever.

Knowledge of Kim Possible is not necessary for posting, but helpful.  Hikabika boo?

If naznatips or lordthenightknight disagrees with you, you are wrong.

If people bother you, tell them to go "BenKenobi" themselves.

Making threads about things that have already been discussed will get you mocked.

Onna76 and Lolita and GBallzack (whichever account she uses atm) and PS-She (?) are gamer girls.  As such, you must treat them like "one of the guys."

If you like the PS3, read MikeB's posts.  If you don't, read sieanr's posts.  If you see both in the same thread, put on a flame-proof vest; you will need it.

Purple is a flavor as well as a color.  Never forget this. It could come in handy sometime.

Be kind.  Be courteous.  Listen to Words of Wisdom.  Eat stupid people.

How to conduct yourself?Depends on the goals you want to achieve.SORIKU for example wants all the love he can get.A warm welcome from me and just behave in your future posts.That's all.

Quality for Life

Words Of Wisdom said:
Auron said:

Stupid people get eaten.

You will be accused of being GBallzack at least 5 times if you get an anime avatar or post pictures of anime.

You are contractually obligated to use the phrase "Well said " at least once a week.

Post count is an indication of quality. Anyone with over 250 posts is good and anyone with over 5,000 that isn't a moderator is probably a spammer, jerk, or both.

Bashing the PS3 without a solid argument will piss off 30% of the community and amuse 70% of it.

Do not be afraid if johnlucas magically appears and makes a 12 paragraph post in your thread.

Be afraid if Dodece appears and makes a 4-5 paragraph post in your thread.

Insulting someone in an argument means you lose that argument.

Avoid threads made by legend11. They are never productive. Ever.

Knowledge of Kim Possible is not necessary for posting, but helpful. Hikabika boo?

If naznatips or lordthenightknight disagrees with you, you are wrong.

If people bother you, tell them to go "BenKenobi" themselves.

Making threads about things that have already been discussed will get you mocked.

Onna76 and Lolita and GBallzack (whichever account she uses atm) and PS-She (?) are gamer girls. As such, you must treat them like "one of the guys."

If you like the PS3, read MikeB's posts. If you don't, read sieanr's posts. If you see both in the same thread, put on a flame-proof vest; you will need it.

Purple is a flavor as well as a color. Never forget this. It could come in handy sometime.

Be kind. Be courteous. Listen to Words of Wisdom. Eat stupid people.

Well said, WoW.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
Auron said:

lol :)

great analyse

EDIT:

btw - welcome Auron 

@WoW - Brilliant! But hopefully not overwhelming to new users....

@Auron - Be respectful and your welcome to have an opinion but don't try to pass it off as fact unless you have something to back it up with. Otherwise welcome aboard!! As you can see by WoW post, we don't take ourselves too seriously. Usually.

WOW wins the new member thread.

Respect + 1

Umm be polite. Dont flame or swear. Dont bring up controversial topics just for the sake of bashing others. Dont spam. You know the typical stuff your not suppose to do on forums.

Just have fun while your here. If you see anything interesting videogame related ( news, sales figures, game releases, updates etc.) just post it. I haven't been here as long as the other members, so if by chance they see this thread, *cough* *cough* they'll give a better explanation. Or ask a mod (they have the red colored names).

I have a Wii and a PS3 right now. Here are my ID's, feel free to add me.

My PSN: darkcreed_24

Wii Number: 1542 0993 3064 9892

Coming up with intelligent and detailed five-page analyses of the past, current, or future video game market will get you 5 replies.

Coming up with "PS3 sucks because..." topics will get you 50 replies.

Coming up with "The xyz Elimination Game" topics will get you 500 replies. Replace xyz with any noun, e.g. "Soriku".

Coming up with "Super Smash Bros. Official Updates will get you 5000 replies. Unfortunately this is already done and cannot be reused.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.