By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - (Rumor) E3 biggest surprise PSP-2??

Seems like some publishers are spending some time and money for Q4 on Sony handhelds.

Publishers significantly ramp up marketing plans for Sony handheld for this Q4

We already have a fair idea what to expect at next month’s E3 – plenty of into about Move, Natal and the 3DS (and Vitality Sensor) for instance – but Sony could perhaps be saving the biggest surprise of all.
MCV has been informed of a significant increase in marketing spend at two key publishers for Q4 2010. At a time when the PSP is languishing in Western markets – and its most recent iteration, the PSPgo, is falling flat – it is being speculated that publishers are laying the ground for an offensive on a brand new iteration of Sony’s handheld.
Another publisher has also told MCV that it is waiting on a specific announcement from the platform holder before it can reveal of its future PSP plans until, though it did allude to the ongoing development of several unnamed titles behind closed doors.
The PSP is currently in its sixth year on the market, and despite having undergone a number of revisions remains largely unchanged from its initial launch.
The exception, of course, is the PSPgo. Sony has never released sales data for the device, though the machine has struggled at retail and the numbers are widely known to be alarmingly low across every major market.

Around the Network

I'm in if true.

Hopefully they don't make the system 3D compatible.

I'm expecting Nintendo and / or Sony to cut price on the handheld lines. We'll probably get a PSP-4000, but I do think Sony will confirm the existance of PSP2, and possible announce it as a Christmas 2010 / Spring 2011 release.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

i really dont want psp 2 to be sony's biggest announcement. I want it to be game or something that really blows everything else out of the water

I hope for Sony's sake this is true.

PSP Go was stillborn, and while the regular PSP still thrives in Japan, it's dead in the US and consistently gets outsold by the DS 3:1 worldwide.

To let Nintendo get a head-start into the next portable generation with the 3DS would be suicide; their best shot is to release PSP2 at around the same time as 3DS, price it competitively, and focus more on games than multimedia applications his time around, especially in terms of how they present its image in advertising.

Around the Network

PSP2 will probably cost 400 dollars.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

if it cant be hacked there will be no market for it, sad as that may be

Christian973 said:
PSP2 will probably cost 400 dollars.

only $399 bud.

I'm curious to see if it has some evolved UMD's as media device, or if it reads cartridges.

They should called it PSP Move. I say this cause they should add sixaxis and touch screen on the next PSP.