By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Modnation Racers Load Times being PATCHED (YES!!!!)

Read all about it and more HERE

IGN: What's the experience been like reading reviews for the game, now that they're starting to come out. Has anything surprised you? 

Dan Sochan: For the most part we've been really happy. We've seen review scores that have been quite high, lots of 9's, which is great. We've seen some comments about the load times, which is something we're aware of. It's something we're working on. It wasn't an oversight on our part at all. The way that our technology was built we were able to keep file sizes really, really small for transfer times of less than a second or a second and a half. We didn't want it to be so that you and I go online and you want to try a track I've built that's 50MB and then have you have wait fiveminutes to download it. That immediately became an obstacle in sharing so we created a file system where everything is built dynamically and on the fly. Everything is essentially a series of coordinates to things that are saved. The challenge with that is we're building an entire world, an entire character, an entire kart, and 12 characters online, all on the fly. There's a lot of compositing that happens with the stickers and all the different parts. Because of that, there are longer load times, but that's something we're working on for one of our first patches, to improve that and get thatdown significantly.

Around the Network

am i late or something?

this it the best news ive heard all day hopefully the patch comes out the same day as the game and not a month after

While this is great news indeed, I am starting to get sick of this "Publish first, fix via patch later" mentality.

they already made the loading times better (seen youtube gameplays for it)

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

I wouldn't get too excited "one of the first patches" could mean a pretty long wait, like how long it took LBP to get online coop level creating.

I'm going to get the game day one, I just want people to be a bit cautious with their expectations for a patch like this.

DaHuuuuuudge said:
While this is great news indeed, I am starting to get sick of this "Publish first, fix via patch later" mentality.

When developing, its hard to keep up with a deadline. I personally like this mentality as long as the patch comes with haste. It's good in this type of situation.

And this game goes back on my "probably buy" list. >_>

I've been trying to get that list as short as possible. I'm broke. ;_;

^ well make room, theres no reason not to buy it now *except of course if you dont like racers*

DaHuuuuuudge said:

I have to agree with this. Even if its patched quick, the people without their console connected to the net are stuck with a sub-par performance game.