By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I the only person that liked Yoshi's Story?

My girlfriend loves it too. Mostly becaus she played it as a kid, and it's got huge nostalogy value for her. =/

Around the Network

Parokki said:
My girlfriend loves it too. Mostly becaus she played it as a kid, and it's got huge nostalogy value for her. =/

haha that's funny.  Makingmusic, you might not be alone, but you sure are in the same boat as a lot of chicks.

and kasz, there is no baby mario in this game.

and if you are talking about yoshi's island, which i think you are, the game had a decent difficulty level, so I don't know what you're talking about at this point. 

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

Wait. I'm thinking of Yoshi's Island. I don't think i've ever actually even heard of Yoshi's Story before.

Avalach21 said:
Parokki said:

haha that's funny. Makingmusic, you might not be alone, but you sure are in the same boat as a lot of chicks.

and kasz, there is no baby mario in this game.

and if you are talking about yoshi's island, which i think you are, the game had a decent difficulty level, so I don't know what you're talking about at this point.

But I'm a manly man!

*beats chest*

*blasts Amon Amarth*

*rapes and pillages your towns*

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:

Every time I've ever seen Yoshi's Story for the N64 mentioned, it's always been presented in a very negative light. For instance, take this excerpt from the SMW 2: Yoshi's Island page in IGN's "Top 100":

Yoshi's name comes from a common Japanese exclamation, which is somewhat equivalent to an enthusiastic "Yes!" Example: "Did the Nintendo 64 sequel, Yoshi's Story, suck? Yoshi!"

Am I the only person that really enjoyed Yoshi's Story? I rented it, loved it, and later bought it. I may not enjoy it as much now, but it's still fun, and at the time it was great.

Btw, the white and black Yoshis were the best.

No, you are not. Yoshi's Story was a great game.

People were comparing it to Yoshi's Island so hard that they missed the point.

It was set up like Starfox 64 in that it's not so much about getting to the end but setting your path of play. You MAKE your game harder by playing a certain way or going a certain route.

They made the gameplay easier to appeal to a newer set of youngsters.

Some gamers forget that gaming is not always just about them. It's always about the kids.

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

I downloaded Yoshi's Story from Virtual Console to my kids about a month ago, and it really is a fun game, although pretty easy. I do like it, but my 3 and 2 year old kids love it. I think my wife would love it too, but she haven't (yet) played it (she loved Yoshis Island).

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

I liked Yoshi's Island alot but didn't have much interest in the N64 sequel. I am tempted to download it as I am sure I will enjoy it but I'm holding out for Yoshi's Island to be released.

@makingmusic476 - I only played Yoshi's Island and didn't like it too much.So can you make a comparision between them?At least for the overall feeling when playing them.

Quality for Life

You think you're unusual because you like it?

I was scared of it. The flying tube things, the fabric that was falling apart.

The fact that the game ended when all the baby Yoshis were dead...

OK, so I was about 9. But still, it wasn't a kids game, for sure.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.