By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I know NPD is not trusted here but good news for the community

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/05/10/npd_android_phones_now_outsell_apples_iphone_in_us.html

Looks like you guys have less to worry about, Nintendo has that sector of gaming covered and we wont see smalltime apps becoming the games of the future.

Whatever it is, what Nintendo feels is what HD gamers have been feeling for the past few years, the gaming that we enjoy is being eroded.

Around the Network

NPD is actually trusted aroundn here the same as it is anywhere - we just acknowledge that they're also estimates.

Still, that's a very interesting statistic.

kowenicki said:
NPD is trusted.

Who says it isnt?

Whoever doesn't like their numbers? :p

Im talking to most of the community, not all, it just seems that whenever theres a difference between NPD and VGC, the amount of crap NPD gets is huge, but whatever, its great that VGC has got so much support even though NPD makes millions from its subscribers and yet cant buy trust.

yeah really NPD = win so we trust it lol

Around the Network

Fun Fact: Android OS uses some open-source Nintendo made code (ES Operating System).

it's just the US though, celllphones it's a minor market.

top manufactureres are nokia and samsung, nokia selling x10 smartphones android and apple does

ds is king

Of course NPD is trusted: it's a professional tracking agency with thousands of sources and a huge amount of funding. It also costs money.

Anyway, this is good news...I guess.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Hm, that's interesting. Sooner than I thought, though RIM has already proven that buy-one-get-one promotions will drive marketshare if you really want marketshare.

Now Android needs to catch up in terms of worldwide distribution, usage, and software marketplace. I suspect the last one will be the most challenging.

As for Apple, no matter how sweet a deal AT&T is giving them, they really need to take a very serious look at getting onto other US carriers.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.