Forums - Nintendo Discussion - are there enough wii titles available now to make wii a worthy purchase?

yes their are plenty of games that he would like. right now i am enjoying monster hunter 3 i believe i will be playing this game for a long time. of course u got mario and zelda nough said



Around the Network
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Mazty said:
hallowedbeeddie said:

he´s more into action, fps, and rpg games. he is wondering if it is worth for him. he IS kind of interested after he saw red steel 2, but he hated the wii before. so I dont know

Well to be blunt if he likes action (beat 'em up? Third person shooters?) and FPS' there is nothing on the wii that comes close to rivaling those genres on the 360 and PS3.

Aside from Muramasa and Mario Galaxy.

Galaxy is a platformer, which I didn't mention as a genre, but it's a really good platfomer though essentially not what the O's mate was asking for. Muramasa vs God of War 3, or heck, even Dante's Inferno, it looses hands down. That's the thing, the wii really doesn't lead any gaming genre other than platforming with Mario Galaxy, hence if you are into FPS' and action games, it's not the right console for you.



Mazty said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Mazty said:
hallowedbeeddie said:

he´s more into action, fps, and rpg games. he is wondering if it is worth for him. he IS kind of interested after he saw red steel 2, but he hated the wii before. so I dont know

Well to be blunt if he likes action (beat 'em up? Third person shooters?) and FPS' there is nothing on the wii that comes close to rivaling those genres on the 360 and PS3.

Aside from Muramasa and Mario Galaxy.

Galaxy is a platformer, which I didn't mention as a genre, but it's a really good platfomer though essentially not what the O's mate was asking for. Muramasa vs God of War 3, or heck, even Dante's Inferno, it looses hands down. That's the thing, the wii really doesn't lead any gaming genre other than platforming with Mario Galaxy, hence if you are into FPS' and action games, it's not the right console for you.

Why does one game have to be 'better' than another?  Muramasa can still be just as good of a game as God of War 3.  I'm sure some people like it more than God of War 3.  There's no stone slab out there that says God of War 3 is better than all the Wii action games out there.  And if all there is to support that claim is things like 'presentation' and 'graphics', it only supports that point further.  One systems AAA game doesn't make another systems game automatically inferior.  Its just like all those people trying to say FFXIII is automatically the end all of JRPGs this gen just because its the most hyped and seemingly the most 'AAA'.  Its not.

Long story short, Muramasa is still one of the best gamesa on the Wii and a fantastic game.  And one he might enjoy if he played it.



Six upcoming games you should look into:

 

  

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Mazty said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Mazty said:
hallowedbeeddie said:

he´s more into action, fps, and rpg games. he is wondering if it is worth for him. he IS kind of interested after he saw red steel 2, but he hated the wii before. so I dont know

Well to be blunt if he likes action (beat 'em up? Third person shooters?) and FPS' there is nothing on the wii that comes close to rivaling those genres on the 360 and PS3.

Aside from Muramasa and Mario Galaxy.

Galaxy is a platformer, which I didn't mention as a genre, but it's a really good platfomer though essentially not what the O's mate was asking for. Muramasa vs God of War 3, or heck, even Dante's Inferno, it looses hands down. That's the thing, the wii really doesn't lead any gaming genre other than platforming with Mario Galaxy, hence if you are into FPS' and action games, it's not the right console for you.

Why does one game have to be 'better' than another?  Muramasa can still be just as good of a game as God of War 3.  I'm sure some people like it more than God of War 3.  There's no stone slab out there that says God of War 3 is better than all the Wii action games out there.  And if all there is to support that claim is things like 'presentation' and 'graphics', it only supports that point further.  One systems AAA game doesn't make another systems game automatically inferior.  Its just like all those people trying to say FFXIII is automatically the end all of JRPGs this gen just because its the most hyped and seemingly the most 'AAA'.  Its not.

Long story short, Muramasa is still one of the best gamesa on the Wii and a fantastic game.  And one he might enjoy if he played it.

Raises hand*

 

I found GOW3 to be too needlessely violent and too....immature really. I felt like the developers were specifically appealing to kids who find gore and stuff to be the coolest thing ever.



"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Mazty said:

Galaxy is a platformer, which I didn't mention as a genre, but it's a really good platfomer though essentially not what the O's mate was asking for. Muramasa vs God of War 3, or heck, even Dante's Inferno, it looses hands down. That's the thing, the wii really doesn't lead any gaming genre other than platforming with Mario Galaxy, hence if you are into FPS' and action games, it's not the right console for you.

Why does one game have to be 'better' than another?  Muramasa can still be just as good of a game as God of War 3.  I'm sure some people like it more than God of War 3.  There's no stone slab out there that says God of War 3 is better than all the Wii action games out there.  And if all there is to support that claim is things like 'presentation' and 'graphics', it only supports that point further.  One systems AAA game doesn't make another systems game automatically inferior.  Its just like all those people trying to say FFXIII is automatically the end all of JRPGs this gen just because its the most hyped and seemingly the most 'AAA'.  Its not.

Long story short, Muramasa is still one of the best gamesa on the Wii and a fantastic game.  And one he might enjoy if he played it.

Let's just take a step backward for a moment.

Games can be judged in several ways, the most prominant two ways are what is fun and technical merit. On the latter point, the Wii will fall down to the HD consoles almost every time. Does this really mean anything? Surely a game can look retro and still be enjoyable? Sure, but there are a few vital things that specs handle, such as graphics & AI. Graphics can help a game be more immersive, and AI makes a game a challenge. Without immersion or a challenge, the game is pretty pointless.

Muramasa does not appeal to the same crowd as God Of War or Dante's Inferno - it's 2D for crying out loud.It may be a great game ON THE WII, but you have to compare it to everything else on the market to value it's worth. If you are after a hack n'slash, there are games out there that will provide more of a challenge, good graphics, better AI and so on. If you are after a less hardcore experience, I'm sure Muramasa fills the spot, but from the sounds of the OP, it seems like his buddy is wondering if there are hardcore games on the wii, and in short, there are very, very few, and all are almost entirely out done by their HD console counterparts.



Around the Network
Mazty said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Mazty said:

Galaxy is a platformer, which I didn't mention as a genre, but it's a really good platfomer though essentially not what the O's mate was asking for. Muramasa vs God of War 3, or heck, even Dante's Inferno, it looses hands down. That's the thing, the wii really doesn't lead any gaming genre other than platforming with Mario Galaxy, hence if you are into FPS' and action games, it's not the right console for you.

Why does one game have to be 'better' than another?  Muramasa can still be just as good of a game as God of War 3.  I'm sure some people like it more than God of War 3.  There's no stone slab out there that says God of War 3 is better than all the Wii action games out there.  And if all there is to support that claim is things like 'presentation' and 'graphics', it only supports that point further.  One systems AAA game doesn't make another systems game automatically inferior.  Its just like all those people trying to say FFXIII is automatically the end all of JRPGs this gen just because its the most hyped and seemingly the most 'AAA'.  Its not.

Long story short, Muramasa is still one of the best gamesa on the Wii and a fantastic game.  And one he might enjoy if he played it.

Let's just take a step backward for a moment.

Games can be judged in several ways, the most prominant two ways are what is fun and technical merit. On the latter point, the Wii will fall down to the HD consoles almost every time. Does this really mean anything? Surely a game can look retro and still be enjoyable? Sure, but there are a few vital things that specs handle, such as graphics & AI. Graphics can help a game be more immersive, and AI makes a game a challenge. Without immersion or a challenge, the game is pretty pointless.

Muramasa does not appeal to the same crowd as God Of War or Dante's Inferno - it's 2D for crying out loud.It may be a great game ON THE WII, but you have to compare it to everything else on the market to value it's worth. If you are after a hack n'slash, there are games out there that will provide more of a challenge, good graphics, better AI and so on. If you are after a less hardcore experience, I'm sure Muramasa fills the spot, but from the sounds of the OP, it seems like his buddy is wondering if there are hardcore games on the wii, and in short, there are very, very few, and all are almost entirely out done by their HD console counterparts.

You are making the mistake of thinking that your OPINION is FACT. Others are entitled to have their own opinion you know?



DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Mazty said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Mazty said:
hallowedbeeddie said:

he´s more into action, fps, and rpg games. he is wondering if it is worth for him. he IS kind of interested after he saw red steel 2, but he hated the wii before. so I dont know

Well to be blunt if he likes action (beat 'em up? Third person shooters?) and FPS' there is nothing on the wii that comes close to rivaling those genres on the 360 and PS3.

Aside from Muramasa and Mario Galaxy.

Galaxy is a platformer, which I didn't mention as a genre, but it's a really good platfomer though essentially not what the O's mate was asking for. Muramasa vs God of War 3, or heck, even Dante's Inferno, it looses hands down. That's the thing, the wii really doesn't lead any gaming genre other than platforming with Mario Galaxy, hence if you are into FPS' and action games, it's not the right console for you.

Why does one game have to be 'better' than another?  Muramasa can still be just as good of a game as God of War 3.  I'm sure some people like it more than God of War 3.  There's no stone slab out there that says God of War 3 is better than all the Wii action games out there.  And if all there is to support that claim is things like 'presentation' and 'graphics', it only supports that point further.  One systems AAA game doesn't make another systems game automatically inferior.  Its just like all those people trying to say FFXIII is automatically the end all of JRPGs this gen just because its the most hyped and seemingly the most 'AAA'.  Its not.

Long story short, Muramasa is still one of the best gamesa on the Wii and a fantastic game.  And one he might enjoy if he played it.

Yeah I don't get this idea that a game has to be the best among it's genre in order to be worth playing.

Also comparing Muramasa to God of War III is like apples and oranges. They are two very different beasts. And it's completely unfair when those partial to Sony casually brush off Muramasa as some crappy 2D version of God of War. I bet if Vanillaware released Muramasa on PS3 just like they released Odin Sphere on PS2, the Sony sympathizers would have a very different tune.

I found Muramasa to be quite enjoyable personally. It is flashy, offers more depth than I thought would be possible for a Wiimote + Nunchuk game (you can play with a Gamecube or Classic Controller if you want though. But aside from the analog stick giving me some trouble during boss fights, the WM + Nunchuk ain't bad. I haven't felt a need to get out my CC Pro yet playing on Shura difficulty). And the game offers a good challenge without being punishing on the player or comprising the game's accessibility. I'm about 13 or so hours in. Beat Momohime's route (apparently there are extra endings but haven't had those yet) and I'm almost halfway through Kisuke's playthrough. I really enjoyed Muramasa thus far. One of the numerous reasons I got a Wii.



peachbuggy said:
Mazty said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Mazty said:

Galaxy is a platformer, which I didn't mention as a genre, but it's a really good platfomer though essentially not what the O's mate was asking for. Muramasa vs God of War 3, or heck, even Dante's Inferno, it looses hands down. That's the thing, the wii really doesn't lead any gaming genre other than platforming with Mario Galaxy, hence if you are into FPS' and action games, it's not the right console for you.

Why does one game have to be 'better' than another?  Muramasa can still be just as good of a game as God of War 3.  I'm sure some people like it more than God of War 3.  There's no stone slab out there that says God of War 3 is better than all the Wii action games out there.  And if all there is to support that claim is things like 'presentation' and 'graphics', it only supports that point further.  One systems AAA game doesn't make another systems game automatically inferior.  Its just like all those people trying to say FFXIII is automatically the end all of JRPGs this gen just because its the most hyped and seemingly the most 'AAA'.  Its not.

Long story short, Muramasa is still one of the best gamesa on the Wii and a fantastic game.  And one he might enjoy if he played it.

Let's just take a step backward for a moment.

Games can be judged in several ways, the most prominant two ways are what is fun and technical merit. On the latter point, the Wii will fall down to the HD consoles almost every time. Does this really mean anything? Surely a game can look retro and still be enjoyable? Sure, but there are a few vital things that specs handle, such as graphics & AI. Graphics can help a game be more immersive, and AI makes a game a challenge. Without immersion or a challenge, the game is pretty pointless.

Muramasa does not appeal to the same crowd as God Of War or Dante's Inferno - it's 2D for crying out loud.It may be a great game ON THE WII, but you have to compare it to everything else on the market to value it's worth. If you are after a hack n'slash, there are games out there that will provide more of a challenge, good graphics, better AI and so on. If you are after a less hardcore experience, I'm sure Muramasa fills the spot, but from the sounds of the OP, it seems like his buddy is wondering if there are hardcore games on the wii, and in short, there are very, very few, and all are almost entirely out done by their HD console counterparts.

You are making the mistake of thinking that your OPINION is FACT. Others are entitled to have their own opinion you know?

And what did I present as fact that is opinion? Are you really saying that you don't have to compare a game to other in it's genre to define it's worth? What logic you using if thats the case? FACT is the AI in games like God of War is better than on the Wii, and graphics are better than anything on the wii as they are technical components. FACT is Nintendo also stated the Wii isn't a hardcore gaming console, something I'm saying, but I am NOT saying the wii is bad, it just offers a different gaming experience to that of the PS3 and 360. If you really want to argue the latter, be my guest, but I cannot see how you logically could.

Back what you are saying, otherwise you're just trolling.



Mazty said:

And what did I present as fact that is opinion?

See underlined below.

Mazty said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Mazty said:
hallowedbeeddie said:

he´s more into action, fps, and rpg games. he is wondering if it is worth for him. he IS kind of interested after he saw red steel 2, but he hated the wii before. so I dont know

Well to be blunt if he likes action (beat 'em up? Third person shooters?) and FPS' there is nothing on the wii that comes close to rivaling those genres on the 360 and PS3.

Aside from Muramasa and Mario Galaxy.

Galaxy is a platformer, which I didn't mention as a genre, but it's a really good platfomer though essentially not what the O's mate was asking for. Muramasa vs God of War 3, or heck, even Dante's Inferno, it looses hands down. That's the thing, the wii really doesn't lead any gaming genre other than platforming with Mario Galaxy, hence if you are into FPS' and action games, it's not the right console for you.

And in my opinion, a lot of what you say passes off as trying to state your opinion as fact.



Six upcoming games you should look into:

 

  

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Mazty said:

And what did I present as fact that is opinion?

See underlined below.

Mazty said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Mazty said:
hallowedbeeddie said:

he´s more into action, fps, and rpg games. he is wondering if it is worth for him. he IS kind of interested after he saw red steel 2, but he hated the wii before. so I dont know

Well to be blunt if he likes action (beat 'em up? Third person shooters?) and FPS' there is nothing on the wii that comes close to rivaling those genres on the 360 and PS3.

Aside from Muramasa and Mario Galaxy.

Galaxy is a platformer, which I didn't mention as a genre, but it's a really good platfomer though essentially not what the O's mate was asking for. Muramasa vs God of War 3, or heck, even Dante's Inferno, it looses hands down. That's the thing, the wii really doesn't lead any gaming genre other than platforming with Mario Galaxy, hence if you are into FPS' and action games, it's not the right console for you.

And in my opinion, a lot of what you say passes off as trying to state your opinion as fact.

 

Oh christ you didn't just do that....-.-

Galaxy is a platformer. It does what it sets out to do well by having relatively good visuals for the console, whilst having numerous varitation in levels, and a difficulty curve which is accessible and yet hard to master, which will ensure lengthy gameplay for those wanting to master it. Are you really going to say variation in a platformer is bad? Or making a difficulty curve which is accessible is bad?

Muramasa is offering a very different experience to God of War, but the hardcore gamer will appreciate God of War more because of the greater challenge it offers, as well as the evolution in gaming that hardcore gamers tend to look for e.g. 2.5D or 3D gaming.

Basically if someone says they think Muramasa is better than God of War, it is not for the reasons of Muramasa being a better game, it's that it offers an experience more suited for that person, technically speaking.