By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NEW 5th Gen starters revealed!

lestatdark said:
Khuutra said:
The one on the right is clearly a big-headed fire type

I'll bite.

What single characteristic do you find related to Fire in the right silhouette? 

Its enormous head.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
lestatdark said:
Khuutra said:

I'll bite.

Its enormous head.

So an enormous head in the body of a platypus is Fire to you?  

That would be a weird pokemon, to say the least.  

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Khuutra said:
lestatdark said:
Khuutra said:

I'll bite.

Its enormous head.

What's fiery about an enormous head?

I think it's a big bubble head and he'll spit bubbles :)

*Blup blup*

Khuutra said:
Left is Grass.

Middle is Water.

Right is Fire.

Calling it!

I was going to go for the same prediction.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

It's not really the body of a platypus. You guys are confusing a short, squarish tail with a long, broad one. You are being tricked by perspective in an image where there is none.

Khuutra said:
It's not really the body of a platypus. You guys are confusing a short, squarish tail with a long, broad one. You are being tricked by perspective in an image where there is none.

Actually it's not just the tail. The feet have more similarities with Webbed/Padded feet than normal feet as well. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Khuutra said:

Beaver tail.

But I can see the left one being grass. I just can't see the right one being fire. And the middle one would be a very lame water pokemon.

lestatdark:

So do the feet on ALL of them! Pokemon feet are just drawn that way. If you saw Teddiursa's silhouette it would look like h didn't have padded feet, and yet...!

Boutros:

Perspective, again, is the killer here. You're suggesting that there is foreshortening (or whatever the equivalent for a more distant object is) going on here, but I submit that there's no way to qualify that based only on the silhouette.

The middle one will be water. Watch.

Khuutra said:
lestatdark:

So do the feet on ALL of them! Pokemon feet are just drawn that way. If you saw Teddiursa's silhouette it would look like h didn't have padded feet, and yet...!

Boutros:

Perspective, again, is the killer here. You're suggesting that there is foreshortening (or whatever the equivalent for a more distant object is) going on here, but I submit that there's no way to qualify that based only on the silhouette.

The middle one will be water. Watch.

Khuutra that's entirely wrong. 

Any silhouette made from Teddiursa would clearly show a round feet with claws. Heck, look at the feet from the silhouette from these new starters. They're very different from one another. The left one has small triangular feet and the middle one has chubby, oval feet, while the right one has clearly a padded/webbed format to it.

Plus, your entire theory that the middle one is water is just because of the bubble on the tip of the tail? So, my logic of trying to apply a Water starter to a similar body like Piplup was faulty, but you trying to find elations between that silhouette and Marill are more correct?  

Current PC Build