By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GAP CHARTS - End of April 2010 update.

kowenicki said:
eddlemaistre said:
@Seece

To be honest XBOX has only increased its lead by 800,000 since Jan 09, which is basically a year and a half (i.e. Jan 09 8,500,000 - april 10 - 9,300,000).
The graph is also clearly stabilising, so you could be waiting a while to get to 10,000,000 ahead...

yes but thats in the face the slim and price cut though dont forget.... that gap will accelerate once the 3rd quarter kicks in.

So we could eventually have a situation in which PS3 fills the gap WW (possibly getting a lead too in some years) while the American one keeps on widening in XB360 favour... a bipolar HD world? It would be very good for us gamers, as SW houses would be forced to diversify more, developers would be happy too, as they'd have more jobs available, but publishers would be mad. 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

So the GAP is now 5.2m? the lowest it ever went down since ps3 launched let's see what Sony will pull off next.

1) The Others graphs looks the strangest outta the bunch

2) I always knew it but looking at the graphs just show that the likelyhood of the PS3 being equal to the X360 in America is the same as the X360 being equal to the PS3 in Japan. In other words, it's not gonna happen... Ever.

others will be funny on GT5 release.

You sir are a great addition to this website.

GAP charts are awesome.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Ping_ii said:
So the GAP is now 5.2m? the lowest it ever went down since ps3 launched let's see what Sony will pull off next.

Yeah, thats a hell of an achievement for the playstation brand on the heels of the PS2 and it only took a measly 3 and 1/2 years.

I dont think sony pulled anything off just yet.... but there is time I suppose.

Uhhhh Im talking about the next price reduction temporary/permanent , bundle's, marketing and games they will have next to increase the sales again like they pulled off in 2009(slim/price cut).......

Interesting.

lets wait a year and see. The trend surely favors PS3 right now.

Not that beating the 360 should be the aim for a Playstation...

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:
Interesting.

lets wait a year and see. The trend surely favors PS3 right now.

Not that beating the 360 should be the aim for a Playstation...

lets be realistic LOL.... no need to put insult to injury xD

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

I really like these charts aswell.

I think the Slim60 and Natal will give the 360 a health boost in the US, not so much in EU.
Probably looking at another 2 1/2 years until PS3 passes 360 in overall sales.

10mil gap in NA should be nice.