By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NMH on HD consoles underperforms compared to the Wii version

tc is ridiculous!! how many people honestly want to buy a wii game ported to the ps3/360? not only that but 2 year old wii game? The 360 has a user base of 1.29 million in japan which is significantly smaller then the wii's user base when the original no more heroes came out and it still managed to beat the wii's first week sales. Do you honestly believe that if no more heroes had come out multi platform the wii would have sold better? It barely beat the ps3 version by 2k and your celebrating it's the wii who under performed here.

For a fair comparison let's see how sengoku basara does on ps3 compared to wii that should be entertaining

Around the Network

Yep Reflex sold bucketloads and yet an unpopular two year old port sells slightly less and its a flop.

I love the fact that some people post first and than read the thread or don't read it at all

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

killeryoshis said:
I love the fact that some people post first and than read the thread or don't read it at all

Yes i also love when a Wii game does poorly, its always due to lack of marketing, but when a two year old late port of an unpopular game gets released on a system with a 1.25 million userbase and does almost as well, somehow its a flop.

GamerExclusive said:
killeryoshis said:

Yes i also love when a Wii game does poorly, its always due to lack of marketing, but when a two year old late port of an unpopular game gets released on a system with a 1.25 million userbase and does almost as well, somehow its a flop.

I love how when a game flops on an HD platform its the games fault, but a game flops on the Wii and its the Wii's fault.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network
Arius Dion said:
GamerExclusive said:
killeryoshis said:

I love how when a game flops on an HD platform its the games fault, but a game flops on the Wii and its the Wii's fault.

Because that happens to be a recurring theme with HD third-party hardcore games. = \

GamerExclusive said:
Arius Dion said:
GamerExclusive said:
killeryoshis said:

Because that happens to be a recurring theme with HD third-party hardcore games. =

It is for Marvelous.  First Reed Seeds Profile, second NMH Heroes' Paradise... third time's the charm?

Bamboleo said:
@ Tor

MW: Reflex is also a 2 years old port that managed to get some high numbers with zero advertise after the sequels comes out too.

Of course that there's many factors, but thing is: Wii sells NMH better than HD consoles.

Which wasn't what people wrongly thought on the first week sales.

Maybe it's because the crowd that actually like No more heroes is on the Wii now. The game is a Niche title, so low sales is expected. Modern Warfare was a blockbuster hit. Big difference.

When NMH1 came out for Wii originally, the series was entirely unknown.

Now that it's been out for a while AND a sequel exists, the series is much better known, allowing the more readily-available port to sell better.

SW-5120-1900-6153

WTF jus happened. VGChartz just went wack on me. IDK lol

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."