By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Another Look At Piracy

Ail said:
Final-Fan said:
vlad321 said:
pizzahut451 said:
red:not all the time though. Take Modern Warfare 2 for example. The game was pretty good(for most people) and got pirated a lot.

Modern Warfare 2 is actually the biggest pile of shit ever released on the PC. I was sad to see it wasn't even more pirated.

Here you go again.  If it was really that bad, why would people even want it enough to pirate it?  Why would they bother?  Sheer spite?  That's actually pretty much the reason you gave me earlier:  anger/punishment directed at developers/publishers. 

@ Akvod:  vlad is answering your (B) question in a way I bet you didn't expect. 

That's where Vlad's whole argument about piracy not hurting developers doesn't work.

He claims piracy does not hurt developers and 3 posts later he claims he wants specific games to be massively pirated so that developers get the message.

So which is it ?

Either it hurts or it doesn't...

If it doesn't pirating out of spite while trying to send a message doesn't achieve much now, does it ?

So basically he's telling us piracy doesn't hurt but he believes the opposite as shows his behavior toward MW2 for example......

Oh just ignore vlad.  He hasn't said one thing in this thread that is reasonable whatsoever.  It's even more damning that he would initiate open discussion about it without actually allowing it be open discussion.  Ail you've brought too much reason and logic to this thread to have to deal with someone like that haha. 

Around the Network
Zucas said:
Ail said:
Final-Fan said:
vlad321 said:
pizzahut451 said:
red:not all the time though. Take Modern Warfare 2 for example. The game was pretty good(for most people) and got pirated a lot.

Modern Warfare 2 is actually the biggest pile of shit ever released on the PC. I was sad to see it wasn't even more pirated.

Here you go again.  If it was really that bad, why would people even want it enough to pirate it?  Why would they bother?  Sheer spite?  That's actually pretty much the reason you gave me earlier:  anger/punishment directed at developers/publishers. 

That's where Vlad's whole argument about piracy not hurting developers doesn't work.

He claims piracy does not hurt developers and 3 posts later he claims he wants specific games to be massively pirated so that developers get the message.

So which is it ?

If it doesn't pirating out of spite while trying to send a message doesn't achieve much now, does it ?

So basically he's telling us piracy doesn't hurt but he believes the opposite as shows his behavior toward MW2 for example......

Oh just ignore vlad.  He hasn't said one thing in this thread that is reasonable whatsoever.  It's even more damning that he would initiate open discussion about it without actually allowing it be open discussion.  Ail you've brought too much reason and logic to this thread to have to deal with someone like that haha. 

And you have brought so much enlightenment on this topic that it's absolutely astounding, right?

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
Zucas said:
Ail said:
Final-Fan said:
vlad321 said:
pizzahut451 said:

So which is it ?

And you have brought so much enlightenment on this topic that it's absolutely astounding, right?

Glad you agree because all I have to do is put you down and that's already more astounding than anything you've contributed.  Guess your self-esteem is about as non-existent as your reasoning capabilities as well.

vlad321 said:
Zucas said:
Ail said:
Final-Fan said:
vlad321 said:
pizzahut451 said:

So which is it ?

Why don't you answer me instead.

I would like to know the logic behind that comment of yours that I bolded...

So lets take your premice, piracy does not hurt developers.

Yet you want MW2 to be more pirated because it is ' the biggest pile of shit ever released'

So are you some kind of shit fetish trying to spread his cult or what ?? ( I love shit, lets all have shit...)

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
vlad321 said:

Yet you want MW2 to be more pirated because it is ' the biggest pile of shit ever released'

So are you some kind of shit fetish trying to spread his cult or what ?? ( I love shit, lets all have shit...)

I want it pirated so the developer knows that they should not be asking $60 for a game that is ridiculously bad next time they release a game.

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
Zucas said:
vlad321 said:

Glad you agree because all I have to do is put you down and that's already more astounding than anything you've contributed.  Guess your self-esteem is about as non-existent as your reasoning capabilities as well.

See, between the two of you seem to try to stroke your "epeen" by putting others down by ad hominem attacks, then trying to pass that off as a contribution. Honestly, that's extremely pathetic.

vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:

I want it pirated so the developer knows that they should not be asking $60 for a game that is ridiculously bad next time they release a game.

But you said yourself, piracy has no effect at all on developers, so why should they bother about how much a title is pirated ?

If action A ( pirating) has no effect on entity B (developer).

No matter how many people do action A, there still won't be any effect...

That is logic 101........

1*0 = 0

10,000*0 still equal 0 .......

Ail said:
vlad321 said:

But you said yourself, piracy has no effect at all on developers, so why should they bother about how much a title is pirated ?

Because instead of 3 million pirated copies maybe they would have had 3 million sales, maybe even more for anyone who just decided to refrain from buying it and pirating it.

vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:

Because instead of 3 million pirated copies maybe they would have had 3 million sales, maybe even more for anyone who just decided to refrain from buying it and pirating it.

But but, piracy does not affect sales !!!

That is the whole argument you have been posting on this forum over and over for the last year............

Are you suddenly changing your mind ???????

Ail said:
vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:

But but, piracy does not affect sales !!!

That is the whole argument you have been posting on this forum over and over for the last year............

Are you suddenly changing your mind ???????

No... he's saying if you charge 30 dollars for a game worth 30 dollars... more people may actually buy it.  That at a lower Price Activision is likely to create more sales.

If a pirate does pirate something he wouldn't pay 60 dollars for... it doesn't mean he wouldn't pay 40, or 20.