By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BioWare CEO: love to see more BioWare games launch on PS3!

Ray Muzyka, co-founder and CEO of BioWare, has expressed his embracing attitude towards Sony's PlayStation 3. He further pronounces the studio plans to increase their games on sony's PS3 and more surprises are coming to PS3 owners

He says:

"Well, you know every platform has its pros and cons and they're all challenging in different ways," Muzyka told Nowgamer. "The interesting thing about approaching a new platform like PlayStation is that it's very powerful and it's just different from anything else. You have to embrace that and make sure that you're fully aware of the technology differences and make use of all the strengths of the platform."

More importantly, Muzyka expresses his interest in the sales potential of the platform following its $299 price point and Slim redesign. He adds that BioWare plans to increase its development of PS3 games:

"I think it's a huge opportunity with the pricing changes, now the platform is definitely on the upswing and there are some great games coming. We're planning to work more on it. We haven't announced any future projects, but I'd love to see more BioWare games launch on PS3."

Mass Effect won't be going over to the PS3 but hopefully future IP's will!

http://www.playstationuniversity.com/bioware-ceo-would-love-more-bioware-games-on-ps3-3775/

Around the Network

It'd be absolutely amazing if they created a new IP exclusively for the PS3, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, since BioWare are an amazing dev team...

they did say this before they released Dragon Age.... i'm i getting a Deja Vu or are they just repeating themselves?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

No they are trying to be on everyone's good side unlike Valve

Huya said:
No they are trying to be on everyone's good side unlike Valve

Which is smart.

Around the Network

Wii owners surely will have had a déjà vu

Bruno Muñoz B said:

Wii owners surely will have had a déjà vu

I think it's the pc gamers that experience this the most. So many games from them were promised as exclusives or at the least lead platform. Only later it was shown that the pc versions of their games was yet another console port.

jbrist said:
It'd be absolutely amazing if they created a new IP exclusively for the PS3, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, since BioWare are an amazing dev team...

If it was multi-plat would you still buy it?

OT: They are doing a nice job of not alienating people. Good on you Bioware!

CommonMan said:
jbrist said:

If it was multi-plat would you still buy it?

OT: They are doing a nice job of not alienating people. Good on you Bioware!

ok 360 bro, he said bioware has an amazing dev team meaning anything they spit out is epic. you really like to start brawls eh?

Talk is cheap. They need to back it up.