By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 developers of this generation

Honestly I dunno if Konami deserves it
I say its Kojima Productions, cuz what other awesome game did Konami make other than MGS4
ok they made SH, but thats just great, not awesome, if anything all other consol game they made were rubbish

Around the Network

no-where near 10 top game makers this generation

Nintendo
Naughty Dog
Bethesda

these are the only ones that have been great!

Pho_Hybrid said:
I say its Kojima Productions, cuz what other awesome game did Konami make other than MGS4
ok they made SH, but thats just great, not awesome, if anything all other consol game they made were rubbish

they made zone of the enders 2, which was awesome 1 was alright, but that was by Kojima too. but that was on ps2

1. Nintendo - Do I REALLY need to say why?
2. Valve - Orange Box, Left 4 Dead series, Portal 2 coming up. They just keep on coming.
3. Bioware - Dragon Age, Mass Effect
4. Bethesda - Oblivion and Fallout 3
5. Crytek - Crysis, 'nuff said
6. DICE - Mirror's Edge, Bad Company 2.
7. GSC Gameworld - Stalker trilogy
8. Sid Meier - Civilization 4 and Civ5
9. Naughty Dog - Pushed the PS3 to it's limits and beyond, twice.
10. Myself (just for the lols) - I made a small game called Grab the Ghost. I am rather proud of it myself.

1.- Nintendo
2.- Ganbarion
3.- Namco Tales Studio

Around the Network

1. Retro Studios (Metroid Prime 3 Corruption)

2. 2K Boston/2K Marin (Bioshock/Bioshock 2)

3. Nintendo (Various)

4. Grasshopper (No More Heroes/Fatal Frame IV)

5. Platinum Games (MadWorld, Bayonetta)

6.  Atlus Co. (Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor/Strange Journey)

7. Square Enix (Various)

8. Capcom (Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, Monster Hunter 3)

9. Bioware (Mass Effect)

10. Epic Games (Gears of War)

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

thelifatree said:
Pho_Hybrid said:

they made zone of the enders 2, which was awesome 1 was alright, but that was by Kojima too. but that was on ps2

Yeh notice the title "Of This Generation"

so ZOE 2 is out

1. IW
2. Rockstar
3. Bethesda
4. Bioware
5. Square Enix

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

1. Japan studios (They created Patapon dammit!!! Plus, Team Ico is apart of them... I'd give them my virginity if they wanted it)

2. Bethesda (I've been an ES fan forever, longer than you that's for goddamn sure! Continued to amaze with Oblivion and Fallout 3)

3. Naughty dog (Uncharted is one of the best franchises of all time. There, I just said it. Was worried that the 3rd person A/A platformer would die with the stagnated Tomb Raider. Thank goodness Uncharted was there to one hand it from going off the cliff!)

4. Bioware (Another company that I've known and been a huge fan of longer than you. Kotor is one of the best games ever, so is Mass Effect 1 and 2. This discussion is over)

5. The developer who creates The Legend of Zelda games (They create The Legend of Zelda games...)

6. The developer who creates 2D and 3D mario games (They create 2D and 3D mario games...)

7. Bungie (Halo was one of my favorite franchises last gen. Halo 3 was great but didn't have the same impact as the first 2. Reach will probably catapult bungie higher up my list)

8. Sony Santa Monica ( 1 game and already the best of the best. Daaaymn! This game has some of the best boss fights I've ever played... SSM deserves this)

9. Rare (Dsister will reward me for this)

10. Anything from Sony that I've missed ([looks at Sony first party] Whoa mama!!!)