By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 5 RPGs That We Want on the PS3

Suikoden VI...

By far my most wanted game, even ahead of The Last Guardian and Ni No Kuni (The Another World).

Also, Demon's Souls 2 would be nice (if Sony knows what's good for them).

Definitely wouldn't be against anything on the list, though!  Bring back the glory of the PS2!

Around the Network

wow, what an uninspired list :x

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

zero129 said:
At OP you do know that Dark Cloud 2 = Dark Chronicles right ? they are both the same game.
Dark Cloud 2 is the US name for Dark Chronicles.

So Dark Chronicles 2 would be Dark Cloud 3 as both their prequal games are one and the same..

First off. I just posted this, this is not mine.

Secondly I am confused. Are you mistakenly thinking about the Valkyria Chronicles 2? Lol

Because the original author knows that.

Dark Cloud 3

Dark Cloud 2 was a masterpiece when it released on the PlayStation 2 in 2003, featuring a very unique style of gameplay. Being tasked to rebuild towns from scratch and inhabiting them to help save the world was a lot of fun, and you have seen the building of towns from Level 5 recently with White Knight Chronicles.  There have been rumors, of course, and hopefully one of those comes true and we can start building as soon as possible.

Alic0004 said:

Suikoden VI...

By far my most wanted game, even ahead of The Last Guardian and Ni No Kuni (The Another World).

Also, Demon's Souls 2 would be nice (if Sony knows what's good for them).

Definitely wouldn't be against anything on the list, though!  Bring back the glory of the PS2!

haha suikoden VI is definitely what konami should do!!!!

Bring back the glory of the PS2!!! xDDD

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Right now.

1. Persona 5
2. A new Valkyria Chronicles
3. Final Fantasy XII-2
4. Final Fantasy VII remake
5. Kingdom Hearts III

Something like that.

Around the Network

THEY FORGOT WILD ARMS 6!!!!

still, good list. the ones i want the most are suikoden 6 and valkyria chronicles 3 (since 2 is on psp)

if there's a new Grandia i hope the story is better than the 3rd, i only liked the first disk.

Demon souls 2
legaia 3
legend of Dragoon 2
New SMT game
Kingdom Hearts 3

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

This list is full of win

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

IvorEvilen said:
I agree that the PS3 is needing more rpgs, but if they made a Legend of Dragoon 2, I would be very upset. Personally I find Legend of Dragoon to be a game that should be forgotten as the poor attempt to compete with the Final Fantasies on the console that it was (as it was obviously primarily targeting Final Fantasy fans).

Frankly, the whole battle system in it would need to be replaced (not that it was any good when it was released either), otherwise it would not be successful in todays video game environment (too sluggish, sloppy, the only unique feature was the attack patterns which by todays standards would be incredibly shallow).

Sure, I'd buy it if they made a Legend of Dragoon 2 that was an awesome game, but let's face it, you want a sequel to be connected in some way to the previous game's gameplay, and I don't think it would be possible.

Now, maybe some reimagining/reboot or spinoff game would be possible...

I agree with you.  I remember (hell I probably still have it) the issue of PSM where they said Legend of the Dragoon would be a Final Fantasy killer.  I was so hyped for this game.  What I got was the worst story of any RPG ever.  The discs had to be changed every time you went into certain areas (without warning, I might add) and the characters and the Dragoon powers seem like they were thought up by a 13 year old.  It's like people didn't actually play this game and are still hyping it.  It was horrible, even then!!  The only thing I thought was awesome was the CGI cutscenes and the music at the end.  Aside from that, it was TERRIBLE. 

Vindictus.