By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Netflix Instant Streaming for Wii

I just found out a couple days ago when I logged in on Netflix that Instant Movie Streaming was available for Wii. The disc just shipped today in the mail. I requested it in case I ever want to use my Wii system for film streaming. There's just a few questions, though, before I start to use it.

- I believe the Wii only does WiFi, which I don't have currently, but I have the setup, and is WiFi powerful enough to stream and decode the massive amounts of data that Netflix uses? I just don't want constant interuptions during my movies.

- Since the console isn't HD, does that mean that movie quality won't be as good? I don't own an HDTV, but is the screen quality going to be grainy?

I'm happy that I now have another alternative that I can use to watch my Netflix movies on, but am I better off just using my Xbox 360 and PC to stream the content? Is there anyone on here who has tried this, and does it work good? I tried getting the internet to work on my Wii when I first got it, but I couldn't figure out how to get it working.

Not trying to sound confusing, but I just wanted to know if the streaming works good on the Wii over WiFi, and I also wanted to inform people on here that it has arrived and is available on the system. Who else is going to try it? Discuss.

Around the Network

W-Fi is more than capable of streaming the content and the quality is equal to DVD.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Looks good and the navigation is a dream, point at the movie and click, drag the list left and right, it's awesome. But no HD is kinda sad.

I have to confirm the other posters' claims. I'm watching it right now and it looks great without interruption

Currently playing: Civ 6