By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games did you LOVE but HATED after sequels?- gameplay/story change etc

This thread is simply to list the games that you liked before, but after changing you disliked them. No flaming or bashing people pls lets keep this

thread civilized. You can list them in order and add short reason  if you want why you disliked it. ---Thanks

1. Splinter Cell Chaos Theory to Splinter cell Double agent  

(dumbed down the spy vs merc from what was very stragic to very simple, spys vs mercs is no longer part of the series)

2. Gears of War 1 - Gears of War 2

(uping from 4v4 to 5v5, and no more user created ranked rooms)

3. Halo 3 - Halo Reach Beta

(its only in beta so not much to say here but from want Im seeing, I disaprove.)

4. Ghost Recon Island Thunder -Ghost Recon 2 (title may be wrong)

(switched from 1st person view to 3rd person view)

Around the Network

Final Fantasy X was awesome

Final Fantasy X-2 was ass

Resident Evil 4 to 5. RE4 just had that spooky RE feel to it but once 5 came out it took it away.

Gilgamesh said:

Oh yeah, so many fine ones too! :D Yuna <3

Metal Gear Solid was amazing

Metal Gear Solid 2 was ok

Metal Gear Solid 3 was pure dog-shit

Metal Gear Solid 4 was just regular shit

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

/thread

And why did they turn our beloved yunnie into a drug addict, hyperactive slut?

______

Apart from this no game which is related to the past games story has been that bad in comparison. 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Socom 3-Socom Confrontation. not even worth listing.

Resistance 1- Resistance 2. I liked 1's story, and overall tone better, ending. 2 had better graphics and scale but not many new weapons. I wasnt horribly disappointed but i was let down a little.

Mw1- Mw2. Not well enough balanced online, way to much glitching hacking in the beginning. Story wasnt as good or memorable as 4 to me. Again somethings are now better but overall 4 is better.

GTA.San Andreas- All after. I loved this game. Lots of little things just made it great. GTA4 didnt have the little touches and just wasnt as fun. GTA4 also took forever to load/install and really made it not that fun.

just a few and my opinion

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

I never hated a previous game or series because of its sequels. However, there have been a number of sequels to some of my favorite games or series that were bad in my eyes. Such as Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike, Soul Calibur II (and its subsequent sequels), Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (and all the subsequent Castlevania games), Super Paper Mario, 1080: Avalanche, SuikodenIV, V, Tactics AND Tierkreis, etc.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Gilgamesh said:

Yup this.

Burnout Revenge - Burnout Paradise

Don't like it going to Open world