By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Natal marketing is a rip-off. Video proof.

Natal marketing is a rip-off. Video proof.

Total:0

i didnt notice it. whats a ripoff for the natal video. can someone point it out for me

Around the Network
slowmo said:
ssj12 said:
homicidaIpanda said:
Xoj said:

i kinda forgot about that too bad it was a bit buggy, sometimes it didn't recognize movements sometimes.

and it was kinda same fate i see natal, if not almost bugfree works in all enviroments and delivers all it promised in it pr video.

well as far innovation or it's gaming division microsoft never being first in something.

navigation failed because after the hype was over, it gamer prefered the tradional lazy controller.

moving was too much hassle , and there was no feedback, i can see this happening to natal considering their main demography it's the same USA.

Achievments?

HD Console?

Matchmaking?

Highspeed Online gaming?

Stream Movies

Private Chat

Breakoff cable---xbox 1

Called console of the decade for a reason---PS3 "it only copies everyone else"

other than streaming movies and private chat I could easily point to games and older consoles for each of those features. But I will give you that this is the first console to give all these features together in one spot.

He forgot custom soundtracks which they actually hold a patent for too.  There is a tonne of other software based features they've innovated too.

No, there is a ton of other software based features they imported from the pc (and no... they didn't invent them in the first place).

Man I forgot about that. It was a short-lived item. I think it failed quicker than virtualboy.

esssam said:
Kurtz said:
Anybody got a video of a shooter in Natal?
I wanna see people do the little hand gun when they play XD

pew pew pew! hahaha

The most ROTFLing thing is that it will be Natal's best seller game and they'll have to pay Sony and Kevin Butler royalties to sell it! 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Booh! said:
slowmo said:
ssj12 said:
homicidaIpanda said:
Xoj said:

i kinda forgot about that too bad it was a bit buggy, sometimes it didn't recognize movements sometimes.

and it was kinda same fate i see natal, if not almost bugfree works in all enviroments and delivers all it promised in it pr video.

well as far innovation or it's gaming division microsoft never being first in something.

navigation failed because after the hype was over, it gamer prefered the tradional lazy controller.

moving was too much hassle , and there was no feedback, i can see this happening to natal considering their main demography it's the same USA.

Achievments?

HD Console?

Matchmaking?

Highspeed Online gaming?

Stream Movies

Private Chat

Breakoff cable---xbox 1

other than streaming movies and private chat I could easily point to games and older consoles for each of those features. But I will give you that this is the first console to give all these features together in one spot.

He forgot custom soundtracks which they actually hold a patent for too.  There is a tonne of other software based features they've innovated too.

No, there is a ton of other software based features they imported from the pc (and no... they didn't invent them in the first place).

This is only a valid statement if you count having multiple peices of software up and running. Cross game chat, custom soundtracks achievements, etc, were little things you coudl technically have, but they weren't integrated into EVERY game on the platform, right out of the box.

Around the Network
homicidaIpanda said:

Achievments?

HD Console?

Matchmaking?

Highspeed Online gaming?

Stream Movies

Private Chat

Breakoff cable---xbox 1

Hey now, lets be fair... PS3 is the only console to release a game featuring actual, historical, japanese giant crab attacks.

Another thing I also noticed about NATAL, especially from watching many vids on it. Is that almost all actions that you take have to be greatly exaggerated for them to show up on screen. I may be wrong on this, but I have not seen a single demo that tracks precise actions.

I can see this being a huge problem for natal. Otherwise, it looks like a pretty sweet tech. It is another one of those technologies that will only be as good and successful as the devs make it.

Especially since it is not the first motion controlled game on the market, which is mostly why the Wii hit, at least I believe.

And more on topic, BLATANT RIP OFF OF SEGA AND PS EYE TOY. J/K

wtf never heard of this sega thing xD

homicidaIpanda said:
Xoj said:

Achievments?

HD Console?

Matchmaking?

Highspeed Online gaming?

Stream Movies

Private Chat

Breakoff cable---xbox 1

Called console of the decade by who? Buyers?

If it is the case I wanna declare Zeebo the console of the decade:

This cellphone masked into a gaming console is bringing joy and tears to many children from "poor" countries.

It's affordable, all games are downloaded via a 3G network that works everywhere and stored into the internal memory and has pearls like Resident Evil 4 and Need for Speed.

Booh! said:
slowmo said:
ssj12 said:
homicidaIpanda said:
Xoj said:

Achievments?

HD Console?

Matchmaking?

Highspeed Online gaming?

Stream Movies

Private Chat

Breakoff cable---xbox 1

No, there is a ton of other software based features they imported from the pc (and no... they didn't inv ent them in the first place).

Don't bother replying to me please, you couldn't see any good in anything Microsoft do.  At the end of the day these features appeared all running at once on a console out of the box, that was a first, it was innovative, it's something Sony have been forced to copy or look last gen in their online offering.  I never said invented so you might want to try learning to read before you quote me in future.