By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 Will Be a 'Halo Killer,' says EA

This guy should be a comedian!

Around the Network

Well of course they feel that way. I'm not sure any company would ever say their game isn't better than another game. "My game sucks... buy it"

Has any game that has ever claimed to be a (insert game) killer ever even come close to meeting that statement?

Just stating that your making a game killer is extremely un-classy. No good developer ever says their making a whatever killer, they can always stand behind their game without having to compare it to others.

@SSj12

lol crysis better than Halo, ok buddy.

Also for being the most hyped PC exclusive game in years Crysis didn't really sell that well. Halo PC released 3 years after the xbox version and it still sold pretty well.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Mendicate Bias said:
Has any game that has ever claimed to be a (insert game) killer ever even come close to meeting that statement?

Just stating that your making a game killer is extremely un-classy. No good developer ever says their making a whatever killer, they can always stand behind their game without having to compare it to others.

@SSj12

Also for being the most hyped PC exclusive game in years Crysis didn't really sell that well. Halo PC released 3 years after the xbox version and it still sold pretty well.

most hyped in years?

*looks at Orange Box*

*looks at Battlefield: Bad Company 2*

*Looks at StarCraft 2*

*looks at Diable 3*

*Looks at WoW:WotLK*

I laugh at your statement now. hahaha haha he he hahaha hehe hahaha.

And since when did sales mean better? Halo is generic garbage. If you ever noticed the best games are normally niche titles.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

What is this 2003? Who says "Halo Killer" anymore?

Plenty of games better than Halo. Most FPS these days are far better.

Around the Network

If it's any good then I might buy it for the PS3 :). As for "Halo Killer" I'm not too sure about that. Wasn't Killzone 2 consider a "Halo Killer?" Anyways, I hope it's a great game.

I will agree it will probably kill Halo in terms of sales, but only because it will be available on 3 platforms, while Halo Reach will only be available on 1...

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

ssj12 said:
Mendicate Bias said:

@SSj12

most hyped in years?

*looks at Orange Box*

*looks at Battlefield: Bad Company 2*

*Looks at StarCraft 2*

*looks at Diable 3*

*Looks at WoW:WotLK*

I laugh at your statement now. hahaha haha he he hahaha hehe hahaha.

And since when did sales mean better? Halo is generic garbage. If you ever noticed the best games are normally niche titles.

The only game that had more hype out of the ones you mentioned is starcraft 2 and back in 2007 when Crysis released the hype for it was bigger, come on use your common sense, even if it is hard for you.

You always make me laugh ssj12, your arguments are so shoddy and you contradict yourself so many times even in a single post that I don't even think you know what your trying to say. You argue that the best games are niche titles yet claim that Starcraft, WoW and Half-Life are the best evar. You do realize none of those are niche titles right, or do I need to get you a dictionary to define what niche means?

I think the best part is how you defend pc games to the death but can't even name a single innovative thing something like Half-Life did while I can write you a mini novel on Halo's innovations. Mind you I'm not saying Half-Life is bad, in fact it is very good, the problem is you just make really shitty arguments. Now I don't know if thats because your not good at writing down your ideas into words or if you just have really "eccentric" tastes in games. Judging by how you think Crysis is better than Halo I'm going to go with the latter.

Oh well at least your not like some of the other hardcore PC fans and can enjoy current games unlike others who will not be mentioned by name and who think every game that has come out after the year 2001 is trash, oh nostalgia what a funny thing.

Canceling Halo Reach preorder now!

Never!

Tanstalas said:
I will agree it will probably kill Halo in terms of sales, but only because it will be available on 3 platforms, while Halo Reach will only be available on 1...

I don't think it will even do it on three platforms. I'm actually willing to bet on it too if you want.

Just for shits and giggles, I don't really bet a lot and it will be fun just to see.