By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 Will Be a 'Halo Killer,' says EA

I guess he hasn't played the beta yet...prolly didn't get the invite so he is sour grapes.

Poor guy...

Around the Network

so how do you dethrone a game

CGI-Quality said:
Xxain said:
CGI-Quality said:
Xxain said:
CGI-Quality said:
Xxain said:
CGI-Quality said:
EA, EA, EA........just when I thought you had improved....

On a serious note, very unprofessional of him to want to "craft" a Halo-killer, even mentioning it. Oh well, I'm sure his game will be quite a looker, but it will hardly put any dent in Halo's success.

??? why is it unprofessional to want to craft a _____ killer? for a man that talks about love in competition its kinda ironic to see you say that.

If you "kill' off the competiton, there's nothing to compete with. How do you not see the irony in that? O.o

in a technical sense they dont really mean kill ( or at least they shouldnt) the phrase at its purest means to rob them of there domination of said genre. Its sign of respect and acknowledgement

I disagree with his wording. To want to be stiff competition is welcome. To claim you're "crafting" an "X" Killer is far more bold.

Also: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=2014574&page=2&postnum=1

I'm pretty consistent on my views.

btw what does link suppose to mean? I not doubting you at all.

You questioned my consistency. My thoughts haven't changed on the matter. As others have said in here, wanting an "____Killer" is not only wishful thinking, but unecessary.

That's all I'm saying.

I really dont want to drag this out but you have absolutely the wrong on what killer is. HALO is currently the console FPS champions and thesesdevelopers want to create a game that will dethrone or kill HALO's championship reign so that they may wear the crown, this IS competition! if there was no would be killers great big franchises like HALO's and FINAL FANTASY wouldn't have competition! having Killers IS VERY NECESSARY. Is it wishful? who knows is it unnecessary? he no its necessary for developers to want the top spot

It will be so good, everyone who owns Halo 1, 2, 3, Wars, odst, and reach will break their disks and buy crysis

Xxain said:
CGI-Quality said:
Xxain said:
CGI-Quality said:
Xxain said:
CGI-Quality said:
Xxain said:
CGI-Quality said:
EA, EA, EA........just when I thought you had improved....

On a serious note, very unprofessional of him to want to "craft" a Halo-killer, even mentioning it. Oh well, I'm sure his game will be quite a looker, but it will hardly put any dent in Halo's success.

??? why is it unprofessional to want to craft a _____ killer? for a man that talks about love in competition its kinda ironic to see you say that.

If you "kill' off the competiton, there's nothing to compete with. How do you not see the irony in that? O.o

in a technical sense they dont really mean kill ( or at least they shouldnt) the phrase at its purest means to rob them of there domination of said genre. Its sign of respect and acknowledgement

I disagree with his wording. To want to be stiff competition is welcome. To claim you're "crafting" an "X" Killer is far more bold.

Also: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=2014574&page=2&postnum=1

I'm pretty consistent on my views.

btw what does link suppose to mean? I not doubting you at all.

You questioned my consistency. My thoughts haven't changed on the matter. As others have said in here, wanting an "____Killer" is not only wishful thinking, but unecessary.

That's all I'm saying.

I really dont want to drag this out but you have absolutely the wrong on what killer is. HALO is currently the console FPS champions and thesesdevelopers want to create a game that will dethrone or kill HALO's championship reign so that they may wear the crown, this IS competition! if there was no would be killers great big franchises like HALO's and FINAL FANTASY wouldn't have competition! having Killers IS VERY NECESSARY. Is it wishful? who knows is it unnecessary? he no its necessary for developers to want the top spot

and really killing it doesnt mean sellubg as much as Halo did. It means that it steals a large percentage of its fanbase. COD did. Crysis 2 can too. The one game that can easily kill halo, and the majority of console FPS games wont be out for a while though, its Battlefield 3. Portal 2 will do so too.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

so hes being aggressive about really wanting the top spot big deal... they really want it and more aggressive you are about getting it they better chances you'll reach your goal. Nice guys always finish last

lol crysis didn't even scratch halo 1 number and they say Crysis 2 will be Halo's killer. lol...

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

LOL! who does not Love (Insert Game Name) Killer's
Darkcloud Being a Zelda Killer Was my favorite.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

gustave154 said:
lol crysis didn't even scratch halo 1 number and they say Crysis 2 will be Halo's killer. lol...

it destroyed Halo PC... and Crysis was a better shooter all around.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

lol sorry no. Maybe possibly if you combine sales across three platforms it MIGHT outsell Reach. But that isn't a fare comparison at all really is it?