By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Alan Wake Review Thread (Metacritic)

So the PS3 guy thought it to back up a comment made by another ps3 guy when commenting about 360 owners on a 360 game yet showing us no actual proof.
Bet they wouldn't stand for those tatics by 360 owners in a ps3 exclusive thread.

Around the Network
Lord Flashheart said:

So the PS3 guy thought it to back up a comment made by another ps3 guy when commenting about 360 owners on a 360 game yet showing us no actual proof.
Bet they wouldn't stand for those tatics by 360 owners in a ps3 exclusive thread.

Thats hardly a fair accusation given the 360 guy who made such a statement would have been banned first for the behaviour displayed in this thread

Yet, some certain folk in here, would likely not be in here praising Alan Wake if it got a (90+ Meta)

Sheesh, I'm just excited for the game, I don't get for an extra month in half because I'm going to japan before it comes out :(

But at the same time I'd rather go to Japan, than play any videogame at the moment, otherwise I'd not go :D

hunter_alien said:
As expected. It got way to much hype IMO. Its no graphical god and its not reinventing the wheel, but all reviewers agree that its tons of fun So have fun playing it, I will have to miss out for at least a while, especially with no PC version

Too much hype from who? 10 VGChartz users?

Typically I wouldn't worry about the top two or the bottom two reviews and just exclude their numbers from calculating the average. This helps get rid of extreme opinions and extreme ratings good and bad. Out of 21 reviews I dropped the average for the middle 17 on the list is 8.5. This is not as high as hype would have wished but it's still a great score.

Around the Network

Why are graphics such a big issue with ps3 fanboys????

If graphics was all that mattered, me a ps3 owner also would love that console more than anything, yet I play games for other things

Which Is why I choose a 360 above it....This game is a truely unique game that haters will unfortunately live without, While I wont lol

Alan Wake will be an epic piece of work in my eyez

I thought Eurogamer would give it a higher score. Guess I was wrong.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

lol some people are butt hurt in this thread, and it's kinda obvious = love it :D epic lol for me so keep it up

ps: btw take note a lot of ps3 owners actually 'defended' Selnor and other over hypers and the game itself, think before pointing fingers (then again I don't care cuz it still create epic lol posts for me to read)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

So, let me get this straight; some people are angry that other people are praising the game when it seems to fall below 90 on meta? Why? Why the hell? Because they don't have a 360 tag under their name?
Starcraft (the user) has praised a few PS3 games with a meta score below 90, does that mean he should be banned?

I think Alan Wake looks sensational and it appears to play equally well, does that mean I'm trolling it because it scored below 90? Help me out here, what's going on?

I find it hard to understand when reviewers said that AW is gives you a really good thrill and gives you a great horror atmosphere and yet people don't find it too pleasing.

I mean isn't AW a Survival Horror Game? Then if Reviewers say it's a great Horro Game, isn't that all that matters? I mean we play games to play the frickin game right?