By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Alan Wake Review Thread (Metacritic)

CommonMan said:
I will say I'm dissappointed with the Meta, but not that surprised, I thought it could go as low as 87, which it could still hit. What made me happy is: it's scary, takes 10-12 hours for a single playthrough, and there is some replayability. I love survival horror so that is enough for me to keep my pre-order. I've enjoyed a ton of low 80's (even some high 70's) games this gen, so I'm cool.

the game is 6-7 hours long.

like i said remedy put to much into graphics and not enough in graphics-value.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network
CommonMan said:
I will say I'm dissappointed with the Meta, but not that surprised, I thought it could go as low as 87, which it could still hit. What made me happy is: it's scary, takes 10-12 hours for a single playthrough, and there is some replayability. I love survival horror so that is enough for me to keep my pre-order. I've enjoyed a ton of low 80's (even some high 70's) games this gen, so I'm cool.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

*cries*

Fab_GS said:
*cries*

*hugs*

A very very positive review from Kotaku.... I don't like how scary they say it is!

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:
CommonMan said:

Where did you get that from?

Aldro said:
Fab_GS said:
*cries*

*hugs*

*Slaps the pair of you*

MAN UP!

I have a review copy, I' just finished Episode 2 (all the game is 6 Episodes plus the available on launch DL episode) and I'm already 5 1/2 hours in.

The wind blowing through the woods and the swirling mist suckin you in, is like nothing you 've ever seen in a videogame.
Pure Magic.

French sites :

Jeuxvideo.fr 8/10

Gamekult 8/10

Jeuxvideo.com 8.5/10

Jeuxactu.com 8.5/10

JVN.com 9/10

more decent but not great reviews from websites..... i hope those metacritic-approved websites give the game higher reviews.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!