By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BULLSHIT TROPHIES!!

I also hated the Send a Smugshot trophy for Burnout Paradise. It is total bullshit that you are required to have a camera to get platinum, especially when most web cams aren't compatible. Perhaps when PSmove comes out I will finally be able to get plat on that one.

Around the Network
Xbbjf9s said:
Tbone said:
V-r0cK said:
Stuck on 91% trophies for SF4 cause of Hard Trial is soooo f***ing harddddd. Like talk about precision to the millisecond lol. Finishing Hard Trial will accomplish unlocking the rest of my trophies that'll lead to Platinum.

Anybody know if SSF4 has a Hard Trial and trophies require you to complete it? If so, i'll never attempt to Plat a SF game ever again lol

Yes it has like 840 hard trials its even harder than Sf4. Not only the hard trials but u have to beat the game with all characters on hardest difficulty and u have to reach rank c with all characters online.

On-topic: If u think inFamous trophies are hard then i'm afraid u don´t know what hard is. Try getting platinum on Ninja gaiden 2 , Street fighter 4. Warhawk and Wipeout hd.

About the blast shards, u get a trophy when u have 25%, 50% and 75% aswell so its more like 4 bronze trophies if u get all.

The most ridiculous for me is a silver trophy on Street fighter 4 where u must collect all icons. To be able to get all of them u must complete all hard trials which is by far easy plus u must win 500 online matches for just an icon o_O

I gave up at 65%, the missions are ridiculous..have you done the statue one?

Ive actually done all of them

Tbone said:
Xbbjf9s said:
Tbone said:
V-r0cK said:
Stuck on 91% trophies for SF4 cause of Hard Trial is soooo f***ing harddddd. Like talk about precision to the millisecond lol. Finishing Hard Trial will accomplish unlocking the rest of my trophies that'll lead to Platinum.

Anybody know if SSF4 has a Hard Trial and trophies require you to complete it? If so, i'll never attempt to Plat a SF game ever again lol

Yes it has like 840 hard trials its even harder than Sf4. Not only the hard trials but u have to beat the game with all characters on hardest difficulty and u have to reach rank c with all characters online.

On-topic: If u think inFamous trophies are hard then i'm afraid u don´t know what hard is. Try getting platinum on Ninja gaiden 2 , Street fighter 4. Warhawk and Wipeout hd.

About the blast shards, u get a trophy when u have 25%, 50% and 75% aswell so its more like 4 bronze trophies if u get all.

The most ridiculous for me is a silver trophy on Street fighter 4 where u must collect all icons. To be able to get all of them u must complete all hard trials which is by far easy plus u must win 500 online matches for just an icon o_O

I gave up at 65%, the missions are ridiculous..have you done the statue one?

Ive actually done all of them

I hate you lol

yeah i thoguth killzone 2 trophies were quite hard.I got platinum but now the map packs are out i havnt got quite all of them.Now its almost impossible to get the top 1 percent because its only dedicated players online now.

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

twesterm said:
The Uncharted platinum was bullshit mainly because Crushing was bullshit. I'm not saying it's impossible, it's just annoying that almost every encounter in that game starts with you getting shot at when you cross some invisible line and most shots one hit kill you.

Man, with a little skill crushing is not so bad (I loved it actually)..but fighting the last boss on crushing is bullshit, he is impossible to beat

Around the Network
Cthulhu said:
twesterm said:
The Uncharted platinum was bullshit mainly because Crushing was bullshit. I'm not saying it's impossible, it's just annoying that almost every encounter in that game starts with you getting shot at when you cross some invisible line and most shots one hit kill you.

Man, with a little skill crushing is not so bad (I loved it actually)..but fighting the last boss on crushing is bullshit, he is impossible to beat

I found the last boss pretty easy....he is such a little bicth lol

Some trophies are only for the dedicated people. If they made all trophies easy to get or in places where you don't have to go out of your normal play to get them, then whats the point in having trophies. Trophies like that encourage people to collect all shards which extends the normal game time by a few hours. They also teach people patience.

Other trophies like 200 kills with a certain weapon or kill 5 people with one grenade also encourages people to use grenades and weapons that they otherwise wouldn't use and challenges people at the same time.

I don't understand why they have Hidden Trophies. How do you expect to obtain it if you don't know what to do? I call those "Bullsh*t" trophies for sure. Lol

GTA IV trophies

the online sux and there are alot online trophies
collect all hidden packages(or birds whatever)

geddesmond2 said:
Some trophies are only for the dedicated people. If they made all trophies easy to get or in places where you don't have to go out of your normal play to get them, then whats the point in having trophies. Trophies like that encourage people to collect all shards which extends the normal game time by a few hours. They also teach people patience.

Other trophies like 200 kills with a certain weapon or kill 5 people with one grenade also encourages people to use grenades and weapons that they otherwise wouldn't use and challenges people at the same time.

I agree up to a certain point, some trophies are just bs that cheat players out of their time. Ninja gaiden sigma 2 has trophies for getting a thousand kills with each weapon and that's fine but don't give me a f&*king bronze for it....that's not challenging that's a waste of time, in the star wars force unleashed you get silvers for doing a thousand kills.