By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I like Dragon Age better on a console.

dahuman said:
The console version is a lot easier, you are just not meant to play the harder version on PC, and that's fine, nobody is good at every single game out there.

Amen here, I've played the PS3 version (borrowed from a friend) and it was an insult to me, dumbed down wannabe action rpg with difficulty for mentaly handicaped. No offense but the difference is heaven and hell.

The PC version is so much better in every aspect that this just doesn't process with me, next time someone will say that RTS are better on consoles, because you can sit on a couch. Well guess what, buy a real chair and man up.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Around the Network
binary solo said:
I would say I like fantasy WRPGs on PC and console equally well. I really liked Baldur's Gate, Icewindale and Neverwinter Nights. But I also really liked Dark Alliance I and II. I thought Draken: the Ancient's Gate was cool. And I might be one of the few but I liked Summoner a lot. I liked Summoner 2 as well but never got to finishing it.

Glad to hear a PC WRPG fan is liking DA:O on console because that's what I'll be playing it on if I ever get to it. I think you've just made it go up my priority list a bit. Though Demon's Souls, GoWIII and Heavy Rain are still ahead of it.

Anyone played Demon's Souls and DA:O on (either) console who can voice a preference?

Of course the fact that the Black Phantom is coming out with a strategy guide included at a significantly cheaper price than DA:O is still on right now certainly works in Demon's Souls favour.

I liked Demon Soul's Better than Dragon Age. Because it was more different than most other games. Dragon Age was good to me, but it felt like typical old bioware not masseffect style, which is good but not great atleast for me. Many people found dragon Age outstanding though.

However if you prefer interactive conversations. Obviously there's only one choice. However I preffered Biowares, Kotor's NeverWinter Nights, and Baulder's Gate to this.

dahuman said:
Xero said:
Ya I've tried the PC version, and it's pretty similar to MMOs I've played. But I prefer playing it on console.

I don't think it's better. Really... I just think the control setup for these type of games feels a little old, and unintuitive on PC.

I also play the PS3 version though which is supposed to be graphically superior than the 360 version, but with some minor framerate issues compared to the 360 version.

In the context of Dragon Age: PS3 > 360 > PC (IMO)

Not very good at RTS or PVP in MMO I assume, don't even try to tell me that you are top tier Star Craft or WoW, because I call bullshit right now before you'd even try after reading that. Try and bring the word "intuitive" on dual analog with those games when you can't even pause, bullshit all over the place.

Erm, DA:O isn't PVP? So why does it matter if I perform actions slower with a DS3? It feels easier, and more comfortable to do. With it being an SP game... that's all I care about. I'm not advocating you use the DS3 for RTS pvp, which I'd have thought was quite obvious. 

Xero said:
dahuman said:
Xero said:
Ya I've tried the PC version, and it's pretty similar to MMOs I've played. But I prefer playing it on console.

I don't think it's better. Really... I just think the control setup for these type of games feels a little old, and unintuitive on PC.

I also play the PS3 version though which is supposed to be graphically superior than the 360 version, but with some minor framerate issues compared to the 360 version.

In the context of Dragon Age: PS3 > 360 > PC (IMO)

Not very good at RTS or PVP in MMO I assume, don't even try to tell me that you are top tier Star Craft or WoW, because I call bullshit right now before you'd even try after reading that. Try and bring the word "intuitive" on dual analog with those games when you can't even pause, bullshit all over the place.

Erm, DA:O isn't PVP? So why does it matter if I perform actions slower with a DS3? It feels easier, and more comfortable to do. With it being an SP game... that's all I care about. I'm not advocating you use the DS3 for RTS pvp, which I'd have thought was quite obvious. 

of course it's easier, it has to be, but the difference is the difficulty, not so much how intuitive the control is with dual analog. to be able to play on dual analog, they dumbed down the game so much that they are not even the same games so you don't have to go through menus on the dpad all the time, therefore, unintuitive my ass, if anything, it's more flexible and faster on PC, with a much higher level of difficulty that some people simply can't handle.

The only thing really good in Dragon Age: Origins (I played it on PC) was the combat and the difficulty.
If the console versions are easy, I can't say they can possibly be a better game.

I struggled to finish the game once because it was very very boring.

Get your Portable ID!

"The proles are not human beings."

"All animals are equals, but some are more equals than others."

(George Orwell)

I am Brazilian and LOVE English Literature, studying it is my life.

Around the Network

I absolutely disagree. The amount of strategy and tact that can be implemented by playing the PC version just isn't present in the console version. The mode where you can zoom out just makes things on PC seem far far better.