By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DS sets new UK sales record - 191K sold in 7 days

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/28991/DS-sets-new-UK-sales-record

Over 191,000 units shifted last week

Nintendo has ripped up the record books, with its DS handheld last week selling over 191,000 units, according to official ChartTrack data – more than any other hardware format has ever achieved in a seven-day period.

Nintendo revealed the news to MCV this morning, with a spokesperson offering: “We’re obviously delighted to be able to announce this.

"Momentum has been increasing on DS sales and to achieve the highest weekly sales figure ever in the history of the games market is fantastic.”

The previous record for weekly hardware sales was set by PSP when it launched on September 1st 2005 and shifted around 185,000 units in its first week.

Around the Network

aaaah, thats where the crazy European numbers come from.

Only bad: VGchartz numbers off by 60K last week? (130K for UK)

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

That's insane !

Where is Diomedes? The DS is being under tracked!

Milk is coming out of my nose,and i don't even remember drinking any.Hundredandnintyonethousand!Incredible!

Quality for Life

Around the Network

Oh my God !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Over PSP's launch week??? That's insane!

What about software though? Is it moving any?

Brain Training is selling like hotcakes!

to be breaking records like this years into it's lifetime is just amazing, roll on next year when Ninty build on Ds and Wii connectivity.

Perhaps DS should stand for Doesn't Slow - I reckon Nintendo are brainwahsing everyone with their ads.

Question FishyJoe: do Hotcakes actually sell that well?  I always buy my cakes cold but perhaps thats cos the hot ones are sold out already 

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

I think around Christmas time last year DS set a record for number of consoles sold in a single week in Europe (not sure but i think it was something like in the region of 500,000). Given the way things are going it is bound to smash that record between now and christmas.