By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your favorite beer(s)?

I didn't want to necro-bump the thread from last june, so I'll start a new one, I don't want another warning from Nord :P

Was reading this thread: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=107998&page=5 

And a lot of talk was about beer, and what kind of beer people like.

Personally my top 3 are:

1)Heineken
2)Steamwhistle (Believe this is only Canada, maybe only Ontario)
3)Moosehead (Maybe only Canada, if in the US, it's probably a different brewer)

Ironically all 3 are in green bottles, and my 4th favorite, Carlsberg is as well :P 

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Around the Network

I have a new favorite microbrew just about everytime I try one, probably just because they're so fresh. But for the somewhat big companies it would be:

Hacker Schorr Dunkel
Newcastle
and on a hot day. . .
Bud Light with Lime! Don't laugh it's delicious and refreshing, it tastes just like Corona with a lime but costs half as much and has the lime already in it.

CommonMan said:
I have a new favorite microbrew just about everytime I try one, probably just because they're so fresh. But for the somewhat big companies it would be:

Hacker Schorr Dunkel
Newcastle
and on a hot day. . .
Bud Light with Lime! Don't laugh it's delicious and refreshing, it tastes just like Corona with a lime but costs half as much and has the lime already in it.

Really?  Bud Light with Lime is cheap there?  Up here it costs almost as much as Heineken (which is the most expensive beer we can get in the beer store) bought it once, thought it was ok, agree it would be a good "hot day" beer... Or a camping day beer 

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

-Warsteiner
-Guiness but only from the can, haven't been able to find that for a long time though :(
-Newcastle as well

Also like mexican beers with lime and salt

Beer is also a great thickener for soups and stews add 3/4 of the amount of water you'd normally add and substitute the rest for beer, it's my favorite thing to put in things like tortilla soup or even just ramen

supercat said:

-Warsteiner
-Guiness but only from the can, haven't been able to find that for a long time though :(
-Newcastle as well

Also like mexican beers with lime and salt

Beer is also a great thickener for soups and stews add 3/4 of the amount of water you'd normally add and substitute the rest for beer, it's my favorite thing to put in things like tortilla soup or even just ramen

When I was in Mexico last year I found that Sol makes a beer with Lime and Salt already mixed in, creatively called Sol con Limon y Sal. It's delicious!

Around the Network

No dont do that, add fresh lime and salt forget the premade stuff, you're supposed to put the salt in to make it bubble up, it doesn't work if it's already added.

Also, just squeeze in some fresh lime you can use the rest of em later for tequila shots

1) Alexander Keith's

2) Heineken

3) Stella Artois

Sam adams for me

1.Samuel Adams Octoberfest
2. Forty Below a specielty winter beer from Bristol Brewry, Colorado Springs
3. Mass Transet also a Bristol beer

I am lucky to live in colorado where there are the most microbrews per capita in the US. There are so many good beers its hard to choose the best.

Oh and American beers kick European beers ass anyday! PEACE!

Fosters!

is we were talking cider id have to say Bulmers pear