By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hardcore games don't sell on PS3 and 360

We all know the PS3 and 360 struggle to sell hardcore games. Sure, Halo sold well on the 360 and Gran Turismo sold well on PS3, but those are not real hardcore games because they are first party games.

However, as we've seen time and time again, real hardcore games can't sell on 360 and PS3. Take this week for example. 2 HD games bombed so hard, you could hear it galaxies away:

- Dead to Rights failed to even reach 13k combined on both 360 and PS3 in its first week. How long will Namco Bandai continue to support these platforms?

- Nier die even worse: it sold a measly 8k combined on both systems. I'm pretty sure SE will stop HD development altogether at this point.

I'm pretty sure we can all agree on this: the HD consoles are d00med.

Around the Network
You mean Dead to Rights: Retribution? The game with 59 on metacritic? Yeah, I sure hope it flops.
As of Nier, it's not really a hardcore game. Plus it's a japanese game.
But this thread is wrong.

Hardcore games don't sell on any platform.

Tease.

Funny but still..... we should leave this type of threads to only one person in this forum X_x

How's that there trolling going?
God of War, MGS4, Halo franchise, bioshock, Oblivion, GTA4, Fallout etc totally never sold on the consoles....

This is a joke thread right?

Around the Network

you cant be serious with a post like this , your joking right??.... please tell me your joking

How is NIER hardcore?

and real hardcore games will prolly piss you off so much you will quit gaming;p

I don't agree with the overall premise of the thread...
but yea, DTR:Retribution and Nier failed miserably. At least they have America to fall back on.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I love the smell of sweet sarcasm.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

people, this guy is obviously joking I mean MW2, Uncahated 2, freaking Halo whatever. If he isn't he must have an extra chromosome and we should all leave well enough alone