By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas hardware up

XxXProphecyXxX said:
jneul said:

oh look at how fast the people on the ps3 is teh DOOMED bandwagon, hopefully Sony sort out these shortages, as for PS3 being over tracked, in your dreams, if anything it is under tracked and there are shortages in the US, never mind Japan will sort this out x360 to be outsold this week by at least 20k

LOL but they can't do the "ps3 is doomz!" why? because if they call ps3 doomed when it's outselling 360 and UP YOY massively then that makes the 360? doomer?.

ROFL epic response

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network

quite a lead 360 have this week in NA

XxXProphecyXxX said:
jneul said:

oh look at how fast the people on the ps3 is teh DOOMED bandwagon, hopefully Sony sort out these shortages, as for PS3 being over tracked, in your dreams, if anything it is under tracked and there are shortages in the US, never mind Japan will sort this out x360 to be outsold this week by at least 20k

LOL but they can't do the "ps3 is doomz!" why? because if they call ps3 doomed when it's outselling 360 and UP YOY massively then that makes the 360? doomer?.

Not that I or any reasonable person will think this is true but they can still call 'ps3 is doomz in America' , considering this is an american sales thread.

MoHun!

Awesome sales for Monster Hunter Tri, it had a pretty good marketing campaign behind it, so im actually not suprised with sales. Hopefully it will have decent legs.

Good Sales for the Wii and Decent for HD consoles its nice too see every console up YoY despite a slow period of the year.

ps. I really doubt PS3 has such huge supply issues, its just need some big software to boost sales.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
thismeintiel said:
BenVTrigger said:
I can't believe this many posters are still trying to make people believe PS3 is supply constrained. Face it ioi even agrees that everything is easy to get. Just because you guys go around for five minutes typing in internet sites doesn't count as research face it its in stock and still way up YOY just be happy with that.

Oh man, my mistake.  Where you posted I was wrong with no proof whatsoever shows me how wrong I am.  I guess I should just ignore these sites, huh?

http://www.target.com/PlayStation-3-Entertainment-System-120GB/dp/B002I0J4VQ/ref=sc_qi_detailbutton : Arriving soon! Order now for shipment in 2 to 4 weeks

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+PlayStation+3+(120GB)/9476952.p?id=1218115837227&skuId=9476952 : Shipping: Not available Store Pickup: Not Available

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002I0J4VQ/ref=pd_luc_mri?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER : Usually ships within 2 to 4 weeks. 

PlayStation 3 120 GB purchase limit policy
As you may know, the PlayStation 3 120 GB is in great demand. In an effort to provide as many customers as possible with the opportunity to purchase a PlayStation 3 120 GB, we are limiting the total number of PlayStation 3 120 GB units that can be purchased. As a result, each household may purchase up to three PlayStation 3 120 GB units.

Nothing to see here, folks.  No shortage whatsoever. 

BTW, I have no problem with the sales.  I'm glad they are up YOY.  I do know they would be up slightly (probably just at or below the 360 US sales) if some of the larger online retailers in the US weren't sold out, but hey, that's what comes with high demand and low supply in the US.  My only problem is with people ignoring that there is still a supply constraint, while their only argument is "you're wrong."

So you think that your bit of "research" by checking online retailers is better and more comprehensive than ioi's research?  I just want an honest answer here since you seem so confident that the PS3 is supply constrained.  Your saying that ioi is wrong?

I don't see why you need to put research in quotations, because it is legitimate proof.  I think the better question is, do you think that Sony and several large online stores (as well as a few retail stores in certain areas) are lying about how many PS3's they have?  Keep in mind that retail outlets will want as many consoles out there as possible, since they make most of their money off of the purchases of software and accessories, not the consoles themselves.  

And I'm sure that ioi is as accurate as he can be with what data he has on the situation.  However, he can not know how it is exactly in every region here in the US.  And as I have given you proof with those sites either being sold out or limiting the quantity one person can buy (with some not getting any new shipments for maybe a month), there really is no denying it.  But, as soon as you present your proof to the contrary, I'll stop believing their are supply issues with the 120 GB PS3.  Also, keep in mind there are the 250 GB models out there, but that's not the model the majority of buyers are wanting/purchasing.

jneul said:

When will the PS3 not be in shortage?  The day it perhaps outsells the 360 again?  There is hardly anyone saying the PS3 is doomed but an awful lot of Sony fans running daage control on what are frankly bad numbers given the huge momentum Sony had going into the holiday period.

jneul said:

I don't see anyone saying Sony is doomed here, and there are no shortages. ioi knows a lot more about this than you od. Just because you want it to be true doesnt make it so.

You just shout "PS3 UNDERTRACKED" at any given moment, it's ridiculous.

slowmo said:
jneul said:

When will the PS3 not be in shortage?  The day it perhaps outsells the 360 again?  There is hardly anyone saying the PS3 is doomed but an awful lot of Sony fans running daage control on what are frankly bad numbers given the huge momentum Sony had going into the holiday period.

oh my god.  it was having shortages when it was on top of 360, too.  and this when the heavy discount pricing of 360 has been in effect, on and off, for a month or more now.

hey, by bad numbers do you mean the ones showing ps3 in the lead WW?  even with said discounts for 360 in the US as stated above?

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
slowmo said:
jneul said:

oh my god.  it was having shortages when it was on top of 360, too.  and this when the heavy discount pricing of 360 has been in effect, on and off, for a month or more now.

hey, by bad numbers do you mean the ones showing ps3 in the lead WW?  even with said discounts for 360 in the US as stated above?

Don't worry he'll realize sooner or later how calling ps3 sales bad just made teh 360 look worst LOL!