By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Cohort Studios: Move is “so much more accurate” than Wiimote

That video jneul put up of Socom solidified my purchase of the Move. I was going to buy a Wii, but screw that now! :) I have will have my casual experience with a better balance of mature titles!

Around the Network
Icyedge said:
Gintoki said:
Icyedge said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
jneul said:

I know for a fact that wiimote even with wm+ cannot do this therefore ps move is more accurate:P:P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/iceatcs/Games/Gifs/PSMove-Sword-Flip.gif

also watch this

Well as far as the ping pong thing goes

Other than the style gameplay looks the same lol

Socom 4 seems like pointer movement isn't nearly as bad as first videos of RE5 using the move controller as a pointer, still more than Wii remote, hopefully that gets fixed, but the lack of 2 reference points might make that kinda hard.

I dont think they look the same, the Wii one is on rail. Meaning that you can just swing at the right time and you will hit the ball. Maybe its a choice to make it more accessible tho. The 3D position is important in the PSmove version while in the Wii version its only the type of swing. Your character will go at the correct 3D position and then wherever you swing you will hit the ball anyway. Also you can do only a small wrist movement and it will traduct in a full swing. Doesnt seem like the PSmove version do that. Like I said, it may be a choice by Nintendo to make it more accessible not necessarily a restriction from the technology. What do you think?

Edit: maybe it has something to do with the fact that in those type of games your not always pointing the controller towards his I/R emitter. So it may relay on the accelerometers and gyroscope only.

no...that does not change the gameplay that much, do you see the guy practising hard here?

Theres a big difference in gameplay between a 3rd person view where you have a avatar that goes directly at the ball and his arm is always at the right height to hit the ball. And a first person view where you need to align yourself and extend your arm to hit the ball. As I said, It may be more of choice than a lack of technology support. Or it may be related to the fact that in those racket games the controller is not always sensing the I/R emitter. Or that the triangulation process would take too much time.

To me it is a choice; games aren't the same, Wii Sport Resort is meant to have fast fun for everyone.

Gintoki said:
Icyedge said:
Gintoki said:
Icyedge said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
jneul said:

I know for a fact that wiimote even with wm+ cannot do this therefore ps move is more accurate:P:P

also watch this

Socom 4 seems like pointer movement isn't nearly as bad as first videos of RE5 using the move controller as a pointer, still more than Wii remote, hopefully that gets fixed, but the lack of 2 reference points might make that kinda hard.

I dont think they look the same, the Wii one is on rail. Meaning that you can just swing at the right time and you will hit the ball. Maybe its a choice to make it more accessible tho. The 3D position is important in the PSmove version while in the Wii version its only the type of swing. Your character will go at the correct 3D position and then wherever you swing you will hit the ball anyway. Also you can do only a small wrist movement and it will traduct in a full swing. Doesnt seem like the PSmove version do that. Like I said, it may be a choice by Nintendo to make it more accessible not necessarily a restriction from the technology. What do you think?

Edit: maybe it has something to do with the fact that in those type of games your not always pointing the controller towards his I/R emitter. So it may relay on the accelerometers and gyroscope only.

no...that does not change the gameplay that much, do you see the guy practising hard here?

Theres a big difference in gameplay between a 3rd person view where you have a avatar that goes directly at the ball and his arm is always at the right height to hit the ball. And a first person view where you need to align yourself and extend your arm to hit the ball. As I said, It may be more of choice than a lack of technology support. Or it may be related to the fact that in those racket games the controller is not always sensing the I/R emitter. Or that the triangulation process would take too much time.

To me it is a choice; games aren't the same, Wii Sport Resort is meant to have fast fun for everyone.

Sony could have a "Sports Resort" that is fun for everyone, but with more games, because of the Moves six degrees of movement and the Z axis. The possibilities i've witnessed and am still imagining. Good lord. I can't wait to see more stuff on Natal as well. I cannot believe I am saying this, but Motion controls that is hardcore worthy (Imho) is coming! :)

Gintoki said:
Icyedge said:
Gintoki said:
Icyedge said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
jneul said:

also watch this

Sure its a choice, one or the other is not neccesarily funnier, it all depends on the person. But the debate was if the games and technology is the same or not.

IcyEdge....from what I gathered from dev creation videos from the move, the technology is not the same. Moves games much like Natal will be created on a next generation level. I doubt Sony's titles will be seen as a gimmick as they are always taken more seriously. 

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

IcyEdge....from what I gathered from dev creation videos from the move, the technology is not the same. Moves games much like Natal will be created on a next generation level. I doubt Sony's titles will be seen as a gimmick as they are always taken more seriously. 

This is the current generation. This is not the next generation!

Sony's titles are takken moe seriously than what? Compared to what? By whom?

S.T.A.G.E. said:

You know thats the point (that they are both 2 different tech) im defending from the start right? Im glad you also see the reality as it is.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony could have a "Sports Resort" that is fun for everyone, but with more games, because of the Moves six degrees of movement and the Z axis. The possibilities i've witnessed and am still imagining. Good lord. I can't wait to see more stuff on Natal as well. I cannot believe I am saying this, but Motion controls that is hardcore worthy (Imho) is coming! :)

That's where I'm proud of being initially a Ninty fan, Wii made this mainstream, now MS and Sony will try to improve it obviously, and that is a good thing, I'm fair on this and honestly that's where Ninty's competitors can interest me.

Khuutra said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The camera see your controller whatever the angle. If you do a bowling or tennis swing the camera always see the tip of your controller, which isnt the case with the Wii (about half of the swing cannot use the I/R signal). That could be considered a new generation of motion gaming. I agree the term generation can be a bit strong tho. In this case for your comparison it would be Sonys tech VS Nintendos tech. Sure PSmove isnt release so thats in a ideal world.

Khuutra said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

When I say next gen, I am talking about the Wii being current gen (compared to last gen) peripherals created and powered for last gen technology. The devs are correct that the hardcore will mainly support the Move.