By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should I get a PSP Go?

Should I get a PSP Go?

YES! 40 41.67%

NO! 45 46.88%

Nobody. . . tosses a Dwarf! 11 11.46%

Total:96
Arcturus said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone else. If you like the games on the PSP, get one.

As for getting a PSP simply to play old PSX games, I wouldn't. You can go to any hole in the wall used game store or even a thrift store and find a used Playstation for 10-20 bucks and then just buy the original games for that. And the selection for what you can play on the PSP will always be limited.

Or, he could just play the original disc games on his PS3.

I could, but I don't want to. I don't (for some weird reason) like playing older games on my home consoles, but I LOVE to on the handhelds. I don't know why, but there it is.

Around the Network

No way.

Grab a -3000 and a big Memory Stick.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Arcturus said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone else. If you like the games on the PSP, get one.

As for getting a PSP simply to play old PSX games, I wouldn't. You can go to any hole in the wall used game store or even a thrift store and find a used Playstation for 10-20 bucks and then just buy the original games for that. And the selection for what you can play on the PSP will always be limited.

If he has a PS3 compatible with playing older games.  As many of the newer ones, they removed that feature.

All PS3 models have the ability to play PS1 games. Only backward compatibility for PS2 games was removed.

CommonMan said:
Arcturus said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:

I could, but I don't want to. I don't (for some weird reason) like playing older games on my home consoles, but I LOVE to on the handhelds. I don't know why, but there it is.

Yeah, I saw your comment about that in your original post. I was just commenting on Kenryoku's suggestion. I'm the same way, for the PS1 titles that I've downloaded from the PSN store, I prefer playing them on my PSP.

CommonMan said:
Arcturus said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:

Probably both convenience and portability.  Its the same reason I like playing all those ports and remakes of games on the DS than dragging out the systems themselves.  Even RPGs like Chrono Trigger and Dragon Quest.  There's also something to be said about not being tied to a TV and slight graphical improvement from a smaller, compact screen.

Arcturus said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Arcturus said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:

If he has a PS3 compatible with playing older games.  As many of the newer ones, they removed that feature.

All PS3 models have the ability to play PS1 games. Only backward compatibility for PS2 games was removed.

I didn't hear it was that specific.  I just heard they removed backwards compatibility from the newer systems.  Seems rather stupid, as if they're trying to get people to buy both a PS2 and PS3.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network

get a psp 3000 the go is a waste of money

no no no he should wait and buy the psp 3000 metal gear solid peace walker bundle that comes out in 2 months. and if I"m right you can play ps1 classics on a regular psp too right?

scottie said:
Wow! This is incredible

Never before in the history of VGChartz has this happened!

There has been a poll, where the most votes has NOT gone to the outcome that Sony execs would prefer to be most popular.

Sure, it's winning by 1, but that's still ludicrous.

I think that shows you just how much you should NOT get a PSP:Go. If you like PSP games, get a 3000. Or wait till E3 and see

not everyone worships Nintendo you know.

@common man , i can't say if you get a PSP get the PSP3000 (UMDs are great!) but then again they might reveal a new one, so i'd say wait for E3

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Looks like "wait and see" might be the overall winner, even though it's not listed. I always get too excited and just buy stuff, so this might be for the best.

Why are many telling CommonMan to get the 3000 version? He clearly likes the look of the Go. It's almost like telling someone that wants a certain car to get a different cheaper car just cause both cars perform similarly.