By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did the Halo series went downhill after CE, could Reach bring it back up?

CollectiveCynic said:
huaxiong90 said:
IMHO: Halo: CE > Halo 3: ODST > Halo 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Halo 3.

Halo 2 was the worst of them all, at least Halo 3 had it's epic moments (Such as the Scarab battles) but Halo 2 felt like The Libary chapter from Halo CE stretched into 9 hours.

Well, that is subjective, really. Keep in mind, though: I'm more harsh on Halo 3 because it's the ending, and as an ending it was VERY disappointing. I agree it had a few epic moments, but no Halo game so far matched the epicness of the first game.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

Halo Wars had the best story out of all them imo. It should be known that I never finished ODST

dsister44 said:
Halo Wars had the best story out of all them imo. It should be known that I never finished ODST

Halo Wars had some seriously AWESOME cutscene graphics. I have been meaning to do a short review. But I just don't feel like it. Around a 8.2/10 though.

Wagram said:
dsister44 said:

Halo Wars had some seriously AWESOME cutscene graphics. I have been meaning to do a short review. But I just don't feel like it. Around a 8.2/10 though.

Ensemble Studios coud've made a really awesome CG movie out of those cutscemes, too bad Micro$oft bought them out.

Yeah the cutscene graphics were great in Halo wars...But the story was so B-movie material >_>.

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:
Yeah the cutscene graphics were great in Halo wars...But the story was so B-movie material >_>.

Pretty much, but it has a better story than Halo 2 and 3... which is sad. I say Halo 3 had the worst story in the campaign, at least something interesting was happening but I wouldn't be surprise that Halo 3's script was about as thick as a single page from a Maxim magazine.

For me it was more like...
Halo: CE >>> Halo 2 > Halo 3 ODST > Halo 3

i hated halo after i played halo 3. The campaign in halo 3 took 6 hours, the enemy ai was beyond stupid more than 3/4 of the enemies in halo were jackals and grunts and all they do is pussy out and scream like little girls. The brutes have the worst enemy AI ever conceived there basically trees since they hardly move and its so predictable on what there going to do. Remember how in halo2 the brutes were fast, ruthless, and unpredictable and you didnt even know they were going to go berserk? in halo 3 there slow, retarded and its very easy to know when there gonna go berserk. The flood were to damn easy every weapon in the game kills them in a couple of shots and since there proned to any melee attacks from any weapon it just makes everything easy. They dumbed down the scorpion tank, assault rifle, shotgun and every other weapon in the game and made them boring and weaker. That and the story was just UGH. I am hoping reach will be good infact if reach is good ill buy another 360 again.

bottomline

halo 3 was just a noobified dumbed down pish easy version of halo 2

but i will admit playing the game with friends online was fun ( but the online is to much of a UT ripoff if you ask me)

tensen1212 said:
bottomline

halo 3 was just a noobified dumbed down pish easy version of halo 2

but i will admit playing the game with friends online was fun ( but the online is to much of a UT ripoff if you ask me)

You shitting me? Halo 2 was the worst of them all, design wise and technically. The hit-boxes were over-sized, the auto-aim was too generous and the weapons were unbalanced beyond belief.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au7KE9xUVTk

Even Bungie admitted developtment for Halo 2 was a colossol mess in this article:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99883-Halo-2s-Development-Was-a-Gigantic-Mess

Halo 3 isn't perfect, but it's far superior than Halo 2. Halo CE curbs stomps both of them.