By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Activision Registers New "GoldenEye" Domain

Activision Possibly Making New GoldenEye Game

By Constantine Mishin-Lutzky 24th Apr 2010 
Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, PC, 1,504 views 

Reenacting legends, take two, action?

...here we go again, eh?

You, the readers, and a good portion of the whole gaming Internet know of the endless fame and fan love the original GoldenEye 007 game for the N64 brings into a thread every time it's mentioned, and the reasons for it are too plentiful to be mentioned in one news article, ranging from arguably the first proper console FPS to the best implementation of proximity mines in a videogame... and digging any deeper into he topic is impractical, as I assume that most of you are already hit by a nostalgia stream as you're reading these words... right?

Anyway, in 2004, an attempt was made to recreate the awesome critical and commercial success of GoldenEye 007 in the face of PS2/XB/GCN/DS game GoldenEye: Rogue Agent, and long story short, it failed miserably on both fronts, and had its hinted sequel cut. This is the time to gear up for a second attempt... I guess.

According to an April 21st domain registration by Activision's Mary Tuck, the company is readying to do SOMETHING with the GoldenEye name - and while I can't really say whether it's to cover their ass legally or prepare a domain for a future game in the series, I'm leaning towards the latter knowing that Activision has the rights to make James Bond games. E3 is getting closer with every day, and surely we will know then...

However, just to throw more fuel into the flame of pleasant and dreamy speculation, I'll mention that another domain has been registered on the same day for something called Bloodstone, recently revealed to be... yet another Bond game, a third-person shooter with driving elements. Could Activision be readying a batch of Bond games? Discuss and check back later to find out!

- Destructoid

- 1up

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

well i hope its better then the last couple james bond games i played and i hope its as good or better then golden eye

Already in the headlines, pay more attention, please...

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=7936&mp=1

Xen said:
Already in the headlines, pay more attention, please...

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=7936&mp=1

What's your point? Not everyone looks at news... ¬_¬

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Bizarre Creations has a predilection for racing games, and they've already moved into combat/action racing for their new title "Blur." The studio had previously been mentioned in connection with a James Bond driving game, though, and a British retail listing has now predicted that a game called "James Bond: Bloodstone" will be available at some point in the future.

The media megastore HMV posted a listing for "Bloodstone" on the PlayStation 3, according to a screen cap from their website posted by Gamestop. Versions for the Xbox 360 and Wii were reportedly also found there under the category "driving racing games coming soon."

This leak, posting mishap or whatever it is could be a little messy to speculate about, due mostly to the state of the James Bond franchise at MGM right now. The series is currently frozen, with no immediate Bond movie officially in the works. If that status has affected whatever game might have been in development, this could have just been an issue of an outdated entry slipping through the cracks and into a database where it automatically became live in HMV's catalog. However, it's equally possible that "Bloodstone" moved ahead untouched and we'll be hearing more after "Blur" launches on May 25.

Source

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Around the Network

If there's an article by VGC, use it instead of another source.

how stupid is activision??? if it isnt a perfect remake of the old goldeneye then its just going to be another

terrible bond game like the one's we've been getting for the past 10 years. goldeneye is a rare gem in the

series (no pun intended).

My cellphone doesn't see VGC too well. I go directly to forums most of the time. So that section kind of doesn't exist to me, even when I'm on the computer.

But I see your point now.. ~_n

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Thanks for changing it up ;)

Would be great if Infinity Ward Made it.........

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."