By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - tri-Ace has a new game in the works! using second generation ASKA engine

Tri-Ace Using ASKA Engine For An Unannounced Game

By Spencer . April 2, 2010 . 12:45pm

Tri-Ace’s internal ASKA Framework was built to make Infinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Resonance of Fate, and a fourth game.

Work began sometime in 2009, but tri-Ace didn’t reveal the title in Game Watch’s ASKA Engine report. This unnamed game uses a revised version of the ASKA Framework and is explained as a second generation ASKA game.

By the way, ASKA is an abbreviation for tri-Ace Superlative Knowledge-based Architecture.

***very exciting information!!! what could it be? SO5,VP3 but to now that i think about it VP3 would definitely use the RoF engine so that crosses that out + they just finished RoF... so its has to Be Star Ocean or a new Infinite Undiscovery or a new IP... doe MS own IU?

Around the Network

wait what the hell they made RoF with this engine to? I thought they used a different engine?

Interesting.

And yeah, Microsoft owns Infinite Undiscovery.

booo, well of its IU im gettin a 360 I wont miss on this game

You know, I'm not too bothered about this next game, since this generation PS3 users have had the short straw with all their games, by this I mean with visuals and performance of their games... and I guess I'm right by saying the same thing will happen with their new game.

Around the Network
jbrist said:
You know, I'm not too bothered about this next game, since this generation PS3 users have had the short straw with all their games, by this I mean with visuals and performance of their games... and I guess I'm right by saying the same thing will happen with their new game.

Huh? The only game PS3 missed is IU which is owned by MS and the PS3 version actually fixed the random crashing and slowdown

valkyrie profile 3 for ps3????

star ocean 5 seems unlikely

what else does tri ace make again?

tri-Ace are the creaters of: STAR OCEAN, VALKRYIE PROFILE, RESONANCE OF FATE, INFINITE UNDISCOVERY and RADIATA STORIES

Hope for VP3 on PSP/Wii/PS3, i'll have to play VP1 again though :P (And VP2).

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

RageBot said:
Hope for VP3 on PSP/Wii/PS3, i'll have to play VP1 again though :P (And VP2).

........ ASKA engine is made for PS360 so Wii and handhelds are out.