By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I bought a TOP PC, need help choosing games.. help

Good to see a few people mentioning Fear 2, the PC version is much better than the console version. Was a great game.

Metro 2033 is a pretty good game as well. If you like RPGs then Dragon Age and Mass effect 2 are great games.

If you don't play online much, i wouldn't get L4D

Around the Network
Mutedperson said:
Wagram said:
Hey could you post me a link of a few PCs you think would be worth buying in around the 850-1250 range?

Are you going to build yourself? If so i can send you links to parts for a rig that would fall around 1250. However if you want to go lower let me know. Also what resolution are you going to be running at, and what games are you going to be playing?

I don't really have the smarts for that. But I am looking for a PC that would be able to run FF XIV smoothly on the highest settings.

Cool kibebr, you have Enemy Territory: Quake Wars! How do you like it? It's the best online shooter in history. Takes time to get into, but it's so worth it. Do u live in USA or Europe?

I agree with those recommending Mount & Blade.

And Bad Company 2. We can play that too together, if you live in Europe.

And to test your computer besides getting a deep, awesome game I recommend "STALKER Complete 2009". It's a graphics mod for the original STALKER game that makes it look incredible.

Of course I must recommend Oblivion too, but I am sure you've played it already. With the heaviest graphics mods out there even Oblivion will make your top-notch system crumble.

Slimebeast said:

Cool kibebr, you have Enemy Territory: Quake Wars! How do you like it? It's the best online shooter in history. Takes time to get into, but it's so worth it. Do u live in USA or Europe?

And to test your computer besides getting a deep, awesome game I recommend "STALKER Complete 2009". It's a graphics mod for the original STALKER game that makes it look incredible.

Of course I must recommend Oblivion too, but I am sure you've played it already. With the heaviest graphics mods out there even Oblivion will make your top-notch system crumble.

Hiaa!! Well, I live in Brazil, Quake Wars rulez, but connecting I always get ping over 140ms.. I have some friends here in Brazil that plays Quake Wars, but I am crazy to see everything maxed out...

I will take a look at Mount & Blade! Thanks for that advice :)

As I live in Brazil, I think ping to Europe is over 220ms, Bad Company 2 can be playable at this latency?

Really thanks for your help and if you wanna add me at steam, my profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197986932989/home

About Stalker, I need to take a look again and search for this MOD, seems to be really cool.

thanks!! >)

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..

kibebr said:
Slimebeast said:

Hiaa!! Well, I live in Brazil, Quake Wars rulez, but connecting I always get ping over 140ms.. I have some friends here in Brazil that plays Quake Wars, but I am crazy to see everything maxed out...

I will take a look at Mount & Blade! Thanks for that advice :)

As I live in Brazil, I think ping to Europe is over 220ms, Bad Company 2 can be playable at this latency?

Really thanks for your help and if you wanna add me at steam, my profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197986932989/home

About Stalker, I need to take a look again and search for this MOD, seems to be really cool.

thanks!! >)

Yes, I think Quake Wars looks great on maxed res and settings. You are lucky to have friends who play it!

220ms is too high for a game like Bad Company 2. :(

I'll add you on Steam.

Around the Network

lol the guy bought a big PC and he's recommended Mount & Blade =D

the game's good, but it's also very ugly =)

steam has plenty of good sales if you watch it. One mid week and one endweek. (currently L4D1+2...)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

About the monitor. From what I have seen 5ms is enough and had no problems with ghosting. Sometimes they lie about the numbers though (sort of) so maybe some bad 5ms monitors can have ghosting, or so I have read.