By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - south park receives a death threat

KingFate said:
mirgro said:
mrstickball said:
mirgro said:
supercat said:
This pisses me off. What other religious group besides muslims are comfortable with asserting the sacredness of their faith with threats?

Even the southern baptists wont do this. <_<

Christians.

So when was the last time Christians forced a show off air by threatening to kill the creators of the show?

I mean, this is the same show that had Jesus taking a dump on Buddah 2 years ago. I didn't see the Christians threaten them then.

Ever hear of the Inquisition? Crusades? Reformation?

Adjust for time by 600 years, and Islam is now about as mature as Christianity was back in the 1400s, hell, it's probably far more mature than Christianity was back then.

You think some 3000 civilians dead is bad? Seriously? A third of the population of the Germanic states died during the Reformation, and countless others due to witch hunts.

As it stands, Islam is a remarkably civil and peaceful religion when compared to Christianity.

What about the Native Americans? They were nearly wiped out because this land was a "Gift from God" All in all Christianity is the biggest culprit in the histories of man.

...I thought that we were talking about what shows Christianity has censored and taken off air, not the history of various acts that have been stupid by groups. Way to go off discussion here.

If you want to throw Christianity under the bus for such things, one could easily do the same thing for almost any faith or non-faith. After all, there have even been plenty of atheists to do atrocious things in the name of their ideology. Unlike Christianity though (and mind you, most of the bad things you mentioned were done under Catholocism, and not Protestant Christianity), such things have been perpetrated in the past 100 years.

Islam is not a civil and peaceful religion compared to Christianity. Every week, a Christian church is attacked by Muslims. Another Christian woman is raped by a Muslim beause of her faith. Another Christian is put to death because they live in a Muslim country. You simply cannot say the same thing about Muslims living in any Christian nation, and prove that Christians are doing such things at anywhere near the same levels. The same could be said of virtually any other religion and non-religion out there, sans maybe a few heavily communuist/atheistic countries in South East Asia. These are things happening today in 20-freaking-10. Yes, many Muslims are peaceful, I am sure, but when you get into countries that are heavily Islamic, you have horrible human rights violations under sharia law. These are absolute facts. You do have excess and problems in Christianity, which is far from perfect. But when you look at Christian-majority nations versus Muslim-majority nations, their tolerance of activity outiside of thier lifestyle is very, very different. Want an example? Try to cross-dress in Saudi Arabia and in Columbus, Ohio. I can assure you that in only one nation you will be jailed and executed.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
damkira said:
@imran

Look at the topic of this thread. You were defending Muslims as being offended by this cartoon. I have read all of your posts, nobody argued the point that Muslims feelings were not hurt.. anywhere in this thread. The argument consistently has been that these people have no right to make death threats. I'm very sorry to hear of your friends who have suffered violence because they are Muslims. I would think that would make you extra sensitive to the importance of freedom of religion, no?

I dont know how to answer you brother, i have tried many times already in this thread. people have a right to choose a religion, or say anything or do anything but not offend anyone. I will apologize if i do so in any way.if i dont, anyone can label me as a jerk.

I work in a 9-5 job in my office and I want to start a family someday and sometimes I think that people will not like me bcoz I am a muslim and that will be the only reason and trust me many people dont already like me. now i dnt care abt those people, but ya it is very sad that people think that i am a lunatic or a moron or an asshole when i am just a human being, and i only want to live a good life with the person i love the most and I also like gud food like everyone else and bleed and get sick and have feelings.... seriously i dnt know what to say anymore. Hope all of you who think I am a moron be happier in your life and not think about stuff like I do.

Does anyone else find it funny that the second video the lady says don't give the threat any attention and feed into it yet that's exactly what they're doing?

mrstickball said:
KingFate said:
mirgro said:
mrstickball said:
mirgro said:
supercat said:
This pisses me off. What other religious group besides muslims are comfortable with asserting the sacredness of their faith with threats?

Christians.

So when was the last time Christians forced a show off air by threatening to kill the creators of the show?

I mean, this is the same show that had Jesus taking a dump on Buddah 2 years ago. I didn't see the Christians threaten them then.

Adjust for time by 600 years, and Islam is now about as mature as Christianity was back in the 1400s, hell, it's probably far more mature than Christianity was back then.

You think some 3000 civilians dead is bad? Seriously? A third of the population of the Germanic states died during the Reformation, and countless others due to witch hunts.

As it stands, Islam is a remarkably civil and peaceful religion when compared to Christianity.

What about the Native Americans? They were nearly wiped out because this land was a "Gift from God" All in all Christianity is the biggest culprit in the histories of man.

...I thought that we were talking about what shows Christianity has censored and taken off air, not the history of various acts that have been stupid by groups. Way to go off discussion here.

If you want to throw Christianity under the bus for such things, one could easily do the same thing for almost any faith or non-faith. After all, there have even been plenty of atheists to do atrocious things in the name of their ideology. Unlike Christianity though (and mind you, most of the bad things you mentioned were done under Catholocism, and not Protestant Christianity), such things have been perpetrated in the past 100 years.

Islam is not a civil and peaceful religion compared to Christianity. Every week, a Christian church is attacked by Muslims. Another Christian woman is raped by a Muslim beause of her faith. Another Christian is put to death because they live in a Muslim country. You simply cannot say the same thing about Muslims living in any Christian nation, and prove that Christians are doing such things at anywhere near the same levels. The same could be said of virtually any other religion and non-religion out there, sans maybe a few heavily communuist/atheistic countries in South East Asia. These are things happening today in 20-freaking-10. Yes, many Muslims are peaceful, I am sure, but when you get into countries that are heavily Islamic, you have horrible human rights violations under sharia law. These are absolute facts. You do have excess and problems in Christianity, which is far from perfect. But when you look at Christian-majority nations versus Muslim-majority nations, their tolerance of activity outiside of thier lifestyle is very, very different. Want an example? Try to cross-dress in Saudi Arabia and in Columbus, Ohio. I can assure you that in only one nation you will be jailed and executed.

For the record, the Reformation was all about Protestantism, not atholicism and it was as bloody as a conflict can get.

As for the rest, that is why I adjusted by 600 years. Do you want me to list what Christians did back in the 1400's? I can tell you, it is far worse than just mere executions. Don't bother arguing this point, you will lose. Islam is far more peaceful than Christianity at the same point of maturity. It's not about the year we live in, but how old the ideaology is. Islam is far younger than Christianity and behaving far more civil than Christianity ever did up until a century or two ago.

You can't just compare somone who is 30 to someone who is 18. You look at the person the 30 year-old was when he was 18. Looking at it like that, Muslims are far better than Christians, and more civil to boot. Thinking otherwise just shows how conceited they are.

Then again, I can't help but laugh when 1 billion people who believe in one fairy tale starts fighting with another set of 1 billion who believe in another fairy tale. It's about as funny as "dude, my unicorns will so kick your leprechauns' asses!" "nuh uh!" "yah huh!" "nah uh" ...*gunshot*.

Edit: Quick fixes here and there.

Double post for some weird reason.

Around the Network

So Mirgro, how many people died during the Muslim conquests of 632-732? Just curious.

Another thing I find funny (now that I've read the thread for the most part) is how people love to bring things up like the Inquisition.

Yes, it and other things like that happened because of Christianity being fucked up and they were all horrible, but does that still happen? People love to bring things like that up like things can't change and once you do that bad thing that is forever you.

mrstickball said:
KingFate said:
mirgro said:
mrstickball said:
mirgro said:
supercat said:

Christians.

I was being snide with him, but the real thing is the horrible things don't happen due to any faith or creed. It's simply people being people whatever ideology they try to hide behind. We are vile, cruel, and twisted no matter our ideals. We are all the same, the only thing that stops people acting like that all over the world is the consequences of those actions. I've been harassed for not beliving in God(by Christians) in the United States. There are groups in the US who are just as bad.

PSN ID: KingFate_

KingFate said:
mrstickball said:
KingFate said:
mirgro said:
mrstickball said:
mirgro said:
supercat said:

Christians.

I was being snide with him, but the real thing is the horrible things don't happen due to any faith or creed. It's simply people being people whatever ideology they try to hide behind. We are vile, cruel, and twisted no matter our ideals. We are all the same, the only thing that stops people acting like that all over the world is the consequences of those actions. I've been harassed for not beliving in God(by Christians) in the United States. There are groups in the US who are just as bad.

I know you were being snide with him. Most of my comments were to him, and not you.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some harassment from Christians for not being one. I don't argue that there are incedents like that, stupid as they may be, in the US. However, my argument is that the level harassment is many times more brazen and violent in other religions.

mirgro said:
supercat said:

Christians.

The Christians aren't nearly as threatening or ready to blow shit up as the muslims, sorry.  Also i'm not going to you judge two different groups with two different standards of ethics.  The muslims deserve to be judged wtih the same standards as the christians, you saying that the muslims of today are equal to the christians of the 1400's just doesnt cut it, b/c they are giving us problems with terrorism and so forth  TODAY.