By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your proudest moment in gaming, what was it?

11 kills with one TOW at warhawk and capturing the flag 1min later

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

Damn I forgot another one, beating the emerald weapon in ff7.

i got a few. one of my proudest was finally getting all 201 of those god damn golden bananas in donkey kong 64. that beetle race in the angry aztec level is still one of the hardest things for me to do in any game i've ever played

lestatdark said:
chocoloco said:
Watching my five year old nephew playing better at Manhunt then me. (Sniff) I taught him so much.

And this is why there's so much controversy when games like Manhunt are released. 5 year old's should even't look at this game. 

Not if your goal is to raise an assasin!

All my proudest moments are Counter-Strike moments.

Killing the last 9 players in a round with a scout as last man standing.

Killing the last 4 terrorists as VIP on Oilrig also as last man standing (3 of them with the knife)

Going 21 and 1 on a map using only the scout.

Taking out an entire team (10 players) on one server after my teams rushed in all directions to their death.

Getting to the final round of a CAL-Main with a the clan I was in at the time.

I give this thread a 9.8.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Around the Network
chocoloco said:
lestatdark said:
chocoloco said:
Watching my five year old nephew playing better at Manhunt then me. (Sniff) I taught him so much.

And this is why there's so much controversy when games like Manhunt are released. 5 year old's should even't look at this game. 

I know you're trying to be funny and probably you just wanted your nephew to have a good time while gaming with you. 

But these are the cases that then lead to games being discriminated and nitpicked in the social media.

Anyway, i'm not trying to impose anything on you, you do as you see fit. I just think that manhunt isn't a game for five year olds, no matter how "well" they deal with it. Children of that age have no psychological development to discern reality from fiction, so there is no way to determine what he will learn from them.  

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Beating Darkwing Duck and Batman on NES and beating Maximum Carnage on SNES. Those games made me cry several times.

Finishing all kombo challenges in Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.

Beating all the challenge rooms and finishing Bionic Commando Rearmed in the super hard difficulty is a close second.

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

lestatdark said:
chocoloco said:
lestatdark said:
chocoloco said:

I know you're trying to be funny and probably you just wanted your nephew to have a good time while gaming with you. 

But these are the cases that then lead to games being discriminated and nitpicked in the social media.

Anyway, i'm not trying to impose anything on you, you do as you see fit. I just think that manhunt isn't a game for five year olds, no matter how "well" they deal with it. Children of that age have no psychological development to discern reality from fiction, so there is no way to determine what he will learn from them.  

Truthfully, he only played the game for a minute and it was a younger brother who gave him the controller, but I dont think that short of exposure would harm a child from such a short experience.  

Yes, adults sould keep very young children from great exposure to such violent games. Yet, the media would complain about certain games just to make an interesting story or arguement to get viewers. They really don't care about the isssue they just want viewers/money.

I am a psychology major and I took developmental psych were they talk of this and I think short exposure leaves little signigficant results to a young developing mind. Still I'm no expert.

We better not seriously derail this guy thread. LOL

Hmmmm, I have a couple, I guess they're not very difficult to do, but I'm still proud of them

-Getting the Superlicense in GT4
-Winning all the 5 titles in a season with Man City (League, Carling, FA Cup, Commu Shield and UCL) in FM...actually I have a lot of things I could be proud of in FM
-Scoring a bicycle kick from more than 40 meters in Virtua Striker in the arcades...I still don't know how I did it, all I know is that some kid wanted to challenge me to a match and then I did that goal, he then didn't want to challenge me anymore
-Beating Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne