By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your ideas for the new starter Pokemon

SmokedHostage said:
Mr Khan said:

A new three-way set. Like Psychic, Dark, Fighting.

There's no other three-way set that has the resistance and weakness that Grass, Fire and Water have.

That would be inbalanced as Dark is immune to Psychic attacks.

Similar to what lestatdark said, except you could modulate the psychic type so it has an effective moveset as well, like a Psychic-Flying, which would still fulfill the trio (make it even moreso against fighting, at any rate)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
SmokedHostage said:
Mr Khan said:

A new three-way set. Like Psychic, Dark, Fighting.

There's no other three-way set that has the resistance and weakness that Grass, Fire and Water have.

That would be inbalanced as Dark is immune to Psychic attacks.

Similar to what lestatdark said, except you could modulate the psychic type so it has an effective moveset as well, like a Psychic-Flying, which would still fulfill the trio (make it even moreso against fighting, at any rate)

What kind of modulation are you thinking off? Somewhere between Xatu's access to status Flying moves like Tailwind and Lugia's more physical offensive moves?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Fire
Glopup (glow+pup) -> Malacoal-(malamute+coal) -> Fenrislag (Fenris+Slag)

Grass
Leaphid (leaf+aphid) -> Cycadea- (cycade+cicada) -> Acaciant (Acacia+Ant)

Water
Swimpole (Swim+tadpole) -> Amphoon (Amphibian+Typhoon) -> Heketempest (Heqet+Tempest)

theprof00 said:
Fire

Grass

Water
Swimpole (Swim+tadpole) -> Amphoon (Amphibian+Typhoon) -> Heketempest (Heqet+Tempest)

Your ideas are acceptable. Are you considering in giving them a secondary type?

I have so far created a Pokedex that consists of 77 Pokemon (including Zorua and Zoroark). I will create more Pokemon at some point.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Fire

Grass

Water

I'm surprised Amphoon isn't already a pokemon name, nice one

@YOSHI
Yeah I really don't know how I would do that, but something like bug->psychic->fighter/ghost would work...except that it would probably give those three 2xsuper effectives, and ruin it.

theprof00 said:
@YOSHI
Yeah I really don't know how I would do that, but something like bug->psychic->fighter/ghost would work...except that it would probably give those three 2xsuper effectives, and ruin it.

So you intend to go back to the outstanding Gold/Silver, Crystal and HeartGold/SoulSilver starters! I like your choice.

Xxain said:
TheNoobHolocaust said:
I only have an Idea for the Fire starter,

Can't come up with a good name

A lion with Fire as its Mane and at the tip of its Tail

I can Dig this one. Though it sounds like

That looks more like a digimon to me. I liked the flamingo idea but that would probably work better as a water pokemon. Also like a grass starter that flies, with it wings made out of leaves. And although the fire/dragon idea sounds good, I think the final evolution would be too similar to Charizard

I just want Grass/Fire/Water to stay as traditional starter types. They can all be dual-types again as well.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"