By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 "shafted" by Guitar Hero and Rock Band

"This is less of a bitch-fest and more of a warning to PS3 owners as to what games to buy and what issues to expect.  Most of these are due to laziness."

Guitar Hero
" Boss battles are available on 360 but not PS3 for play outside of career mode,  360 now has 4 exclusive songs, and the offline co-op patch has so far only been announced for 360.  No extra guitars for PS3 adds to the mix."

Rockband
".... downside for PS3 owners is the fact that the Les Paul guitar from GH3 works with Rock Band on 360, but not PS3.  This coupled with the fact that the Rock Band guitar has quality control issues and is found by many to feel awkward to play...."

http://www.mashedbuttons.com/?view=main&article=171

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

Wow, that sucks for the PS3. I bought both games for 360 so it doesn't affect me but one of the most fun songs on GHIII is Devil Went Down to Georgia, which apparently isn't available for Quickplay on PS3.

I really wish devs would stop shafting the PS3 on multi-plat game features. Maybe then I would buy a few games for the system instead of the 360.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

UH-OH

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Sony doesnt do anything about it..

mM

It seems to me that the PS3 is getting shafted on just about every major multiplat release:

The Orange Box: http://www.joystiq.com/2007/11/25/ps3-version-of-orange-box-might-be-downright-unplayable/

Assasin's Creed: http://kotaku.com/gaming/buyer-beware/assassins-creed-for-ps3-seeing-lock-ups-white-screen-of-death-323895.php

Madden 08: http://loot-ninja.com/2007/06/30/football-games-running-at-60fps-on-xbox-360-30fps-on-ps3/

And now GH3 and Rockband.

This is downright appauling. What's worse is that the biggest contributor to the "shafting of the PS3" is EA. In any case, I don't want to see PS3 fail because of major mistakes in its games caused by third party. I want to see it fail, because it's an overpriced system that tries to do more than play video Games.  I seriously hope these issues get straightened out. If only for the sake of those that bought the PS3 and need some decent  games to play.

Around the Network

AC 2 will be another port, you just cant make it from ps3 then port to 360 its too hard.

mM

There is more people on the 360 so they have more priority. Look at the sales, the 360 was indeed the best selling version of all consoles and the ps3 was the absolute worst selling

The 360 version of Assassins Creed also has issues and freezing problems. Ubisoft have also confirmed that the patch is coming to fix the PS3 version.

Orange Box - EA port.... that says it all.

Madden08 - Dead horse, we all know the issues and every system other then the 360 (Including the Wii) suffered, not just PS3.

As for GT3 and Rockband, that is new but not totally unexpected.

Problem is that devs are just still having problems learning the architecture of the PS3. They have to sacrifice quality to release the game in a timely manner. This is evident with almost every multi platform game out now. In time these issues will be fixed.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

eugene said:
There is more people on the 360 so they have more priority. Look at the sales, the 360 was indeed the best selling version of all consoles and the ps3 was the absolute worst selling

13m

6m

mM