By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Selnors Graphics prediction Alan Wake review thread.

The 360 exclusive titles didn't get the same treatment?

How so? Halo series, Gears series, Alan Wake, Fable 2 and Forza didn't get the best of treatments? The developers of these games didn't try to make the most out of the system, is what you're saying?

Yes, they didn't get the treatment that allows them to beat the PS3's most technically impressive titles, that's for sure.

The thing is, I don't really pick what I want to take into account, and what I don't want to take into account when it comes to realise what is the most impressive display of technology I witness.  The games speak for themselves.

The multiplatform titles run better on one system or the other for whatever reasons you want to believe.
The point remains that the most impressive display of technology is on the PS3 right now. That you seem to be denying it is beyond me.

What you're saying is akin to saying Jessica Alba (or whoever) isn't one of the most beautiful women in the worldbecause there are billions of normal looking women. ¬_¬

From a ratio standpoint, the PS3 doesn't have the edge, that's for sure. But multiplatform titles are developed differently, with different business limitations and requirements that could impact the quality of either version of a title.

I did mention first party exclusives from both sides to make my point. While you gladly dismiss any of them from the equation. Adding anything to this discussion will only become redundant since you're mostly prone to name calling and dismissing what even non-biased people, reviewers and experts alike will agree on.

Around the Network

@SpartanFX:

Whatever floats your boat. You're just another preacher ending in "end of discussion" because you don't have any real arguments, except ones that I already proved wrong in about 5 different posts. Your "proof" is selective to fulfill your own needs, which are unfunded and self centered. Have a nice day..

And at that other rock above me:

"That you seem to be denying it is beyond me."

Where exactly did I deny anything? Don't put fking words in my mouth. I base my argument on more than just 3 games, unlike you.

"I did mention first party exclusives from both sides to make my point. While you gladly dismiss any of them from the equation."

I don't dismiss anything. You only say that because I'm not saying what you want to hear. You want me to say "yes the X360 exclusives had the same budget and team sizes and development time as the PS3 exclusives and in the end, they are all inferior to all PS3 exclusives". Well guess what, that's not gonna happen. Go dream somewhere else. This is the real world.

And oh.. I forgot about this one:

"What you're saying is akin to saying Jessica Alba (or whoever) isn't one of the most beautiful women in the worldbecause there are billions of normal looking women. ¬_¬"

That argument is retarded. Why? Because Jessica Alba has a different mother than all those other billion looking women. Your argument is completely empty, because there's nothing to actually compare. If you actually had two mothers that had different children, and you compared the children of the two, then it's an ok analogy, but now? It's nothing more than a failed attempt to making my argument look bad... If you only had one console and billions of games, one game of course will look better than the rest and it would be stupid to claim it wouldn't ... However, your argument is that the mother of the single best looking daughter, even if 10 other daughters from that same mother look worse, has the largest and most beautiful breasts..

Truth does not fear investigation

LOL!!! this thread is still going? the OP already admited he lost.....

No "OMFG GOTY!!"

No"OMG BEST GRAPHICS!"

No"AAA+ BABY!"

all in all didn't live up to anything it was hyped for but it's still good game so move on and quite sooking 360 ppl.

You say "that's not gonna happen", and you have the nerve to call anyone a rock? :D

For a guy with the word "truth" as his avatar picture, you sure are afraid to admit that truth.

Unless there is an obscure game I never knew existed, the XBox 360, for all the good that is on this system (that I do so own and love, mind you ;) never provided gamers with something close to God of War 3.

Budgets are indeed hard or impossible to provide, so this argument would be moot to begin with.

Do you think that although I own those 2 systems, I shit on my 360 everytime I turn it on? All this time, I didn't even say the 360 isn't a great system or anything of the sort even once. ¬_¬

The stance you have is different than mine here, and you call me names because of that?

I only say you dismiss those games because you are incapable (so far) of agreeing to the obvious.

While that "rock" has agreed that multiplatform titles are usually better on the 360, for reasons already mentioned, I don't take those into account when judging what I think is the best technical feat of this generation.

Basically, what you seem to want me to say is: "Wow, this is the most impressive thing I've witnessed this generation but this other thing is more impressive." See how stupid that would be or not?

XxXProphecyXxX said:

No "OMFG GOTY!!"

No"OMG BEST GRAPHICS!"

No"AAA+ BABY!"

all in all didn't live up to anything it was hyped for but it's still good game so move on and quite sooking 360 ppl.

And you know what's ironic? Some guy here told us that this become someoné's thread now but clearly this one became the other guy's thread now. He also told that he should've let the thread die and here he comes adding more fuel to the fire. Just love the hypocrisy here sometimes.

and Yes! I am also guilty of such act right now but I just simply can't ignore this one.

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

No "OMFG GOTY!!"

No"OMG BEST GRAPHICS!"

No"AAA+ BABY!"

And you know what's ironic? Some guy here told us that this become someoné's thread now but clearly this one became the other guy's thread now. He also told that he should've let the thread die and here he comes adding more fuel to the fire. Just love the hypocrisy here sometimes.

and Yes! I am also guilty of such act right now but I just simply can't ignore this one.

Is that an admission that you cannot help yourself but join in the trolling? 

This thread is disgusting, the site is so PS3 biased and allows so much trolling from PS3 fans its unreal these days.  The thread should have been locked 20 pages ago when it started going off topic and somehow the only comment you have is the hypocrisy of one of my posts and ignore all the flaming and trolling in here.  I guess that says more about you than it does me.

@ slowmo

Most trolling today and in the past came from 360 fans, this is pretty remarkable as you guys seem to be a small minority on this site...

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Props to you Selnor for manning up. Its still a great looking game, and I applaud you for standing up for what you truly believed. I wish more gamers spent as much time pushing their favorite games to the forefront, instead of trying to badmouth games they dont like or systems they dont like.

I am a gamer. Not a fanboy, not a troll, a gamer. So when you dont like what I have to say, remember this fact.

I called it months ago, PC gamer eyes don't lie -_^b. Not a big deal tbh imo, graphics isn't everything to a game, I'm sure non reviewers won't even care about what the reviewers notice since they don't do it for a living.

Hynad said:

You say "that's not gonna happen", and you have the nerve to call anyone a rock? :D

For a guy with the word "truth" as his avatar picture, you sure are afraid to admit that truth.

Unless there is an obscure game I never knew existed, the XBox 360, for all the good that is on this system (that I do so own and love, mind you ;) never provided gamers with something close to God of War 3.

Budgets are indeed hard or impossible to provide, so this argument would be moot to begin with.

Do you think that although I own those 2 systems, I shit on my 360 everytime I turn it on? All this time, I didn't even say the 360 isn't a great system or anything of the sort even once. ¬_¬

The stance you have is different than mine here, and you call me names because of that?

I only say you dismiss those games because you are incapable (so far) of agreeing to the obvious.

While that "rock" has agreed that multiplatform titles are usually better on the 360, for reasons already mentioned, I don't take those into account when judging what I think is the best technical feat of this generation.

Basically, what you seem to want me to say is: "Wow, this is the most impressive thing I've witnessed this generation but this other thing is more impressive." See how stupid that would be or not?

Yes, I have the nerve to call you a rock, because you refuse to listen to reason, and are selective in your games.

Where exactly did I say that the X360 has a game that comes close to those 3 PS3 games? I didn't. The whole point is that 3 games does not represent the whole library, be it all games, or exclusives only.. And you still don't get that, because you select your games and ignore the rest, and that's why I call you a rock, a biased one too.

People that own both systems and like them pretty much equally will say that the overall difference is not as great as people make it sound.

The stance I have is different than yours, yes, but that's not the reason I call you names. Look above.

*sigh* I DID NOT DISMISS THOSE GAMES ANYWHERE. GTFO with your same argument over and over and over and over. I already refuted that one too. You're simply a fking repeater. Same goes for your reason of multi-plats. I even used your own statement against you, and you completely ignored it and kept preaching about how the PS3 is superior.

And your last sentence is retarded. I'm not even gonna bother answering to it. You are a rock, because even though I prove to you with arguments why 2+2=4, you keep saying that 2+2=5. And also, I always gave you reasons why I call you things, but when you call me something, like "biased", you can't even properly tell me biased towards what.. So please, don't waste my fking time.

Truth does not fear investigation