By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - are you a collector ? if so do you feel the same?

seeing this thread made me think of how much i waste money on collecting games (and gaming related things) , well its not a WASTE since its final fantasy and i enjoy every game in that series , but sometimes seeing as how much space old games take and time and also money i spend on these, and being a non US residen't i have to import everything which leads to higher prices, i feel like i should sell some of my old gaming collections, i am a collector though but sometimes ... it just bites you in the back and you gotta face reality , why do you collect too much if you are not going to play it ? i won't gain anything from this nor am i going to have the time to play it all, i used to have time for it but not anymore you see, i have a lot of games i bought that i didn't finish let alone get pass a quarter of it.

anyone else feel the same? (or is a collector for that matter) , i don't even know why i am posting this since i don't like to be having opinions forced on me (lol i don't really) , i just felt like i'd share.

i feel like i am not enjoying the games enough i buy and i am not giving them justice to just play them a little and then leave them.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

what also driving me toward selling them is that i am not a show off about them, i collect them for myself and not for showing off, all my old stuff is in safe places in the basement collecting dust for over 10 years or so.

Ya im a collector and sometimes I wonder if its all worth it, but all my games are (IMO which is right) good games, so it's not like im amassing a collection of crap, and with my ROB, Super Scope, Game & Watch and Virtual Boy I know I have a sweet collection

O-D-C said:
Ya im a collector and sometimes I wonder if its all worth it, but all my games are (IMO which is right) good games, so it's not like im amassing a collection of crap, and with my ROB, Super Scope, Game & Watch and Virtual Boy I know I have a sweet collection

i also only collect the "Good" games or the games that i feel that i would like. but since i like all types of genres then there is a problem

Severance said:
O-D-C said:

i also only collect the "Good" games or the games that i feel that i would like. but since i like all types of genres then there is a problem

ya me too, what really takes up room is my 'addicition' to having the original boxes, so all those SNES and N64 games really start to take up room. When I move in June Ill take some pics of my entire collection, it's rarely all together, so during the move will be perfect

Around the Network

I have a shelf of like FF IV - 13 and play arts and stuff,
ass well as a wall of some anime, and movies

I don't sell games though, besides fable. My way of not having them is not liking htem enough to take care of them so I step on them and they break :P

Ibut, I used to collect coins in drawers and basketball cards... and I sold them besides like the players I actually looked at, because I thought they were cool

but I have OCD, its to be expected I think haha

^^
lol i can't even do that, all my game collection (and VHS movies and books for that matter) are in cardboard boxes locked up in the basement, i don't really feel to mess up the place and tear every box open just to find the games, hell all the games i added here are from memory, i missed a lot and some games don't even on the data base

but even if i sound like a show off now i gotta say i never owned arcade cabinets you can say i have no interest in collecting huge stuff even though my friend who isn't much of a gamer own two arcade cabinets

^ see thats one thing I want, an original Donkey Kong cabinet

Waste? Nah. What would I buy instead? Music? No. Clothes? No. Anything else? No.

Granted, my collection isn't that huge... but everything I buy, I try to finish,

Xen said:

Waste? Nah. What would I buy instead? Music? No. Clothes? No. Anything else? No.

Granted, my collection isn't that huge... but everything I buy, I try to finish,

see thats the problem i can't do that anymore due to too many games.

also i do buy music , i tend to easily get into anything so any genre of game i play or music listen to i'd try to get the best off it! the pros is that with  research you'd find not very known gems like this  but the problem is there is too much to find.

i am pretty confusing i'm i?